Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (md4e, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63427 Topics
443416 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#392906 - 04/09/12 10:08 PM Re: I don't know what to do. [Re: H18]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
If you are asking whether or not you were sexually abused based on your brother's denial or your families' ignorance, these things cannot be the benchmark of the abuse recollection. Too, you have spent a lifetime disavowing what you knew to be true.

H, you are very new to the discovery of the abuse. You have a clear memory, in time you will have a confident understanding of the abuse. You will have safe, progressive healing. You will be able to disclose and confront in a more healthy way, a way that garners respect.

Almost all do it wrong fellow survivor. The great majority act out, get angry, and a large portion of us blurt out the abuse while under stress, so did you. That makes you a card carrying member of the survivor's club. Read this about Disclosure and Confrontation

Now that you are beginning to believe in yourself, don't stop!

Sam

Edited by sasuva (04/09/12 10:10 PM)

#392910 - 04/09/12 10:26 PM Re: I don't know what to do. [Re: H18]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Peace,Rainbows & Healing

Edited by lapchinj (03/17/13 08:55 PM)

#392986 - 04/10/12 12:11 PM Re: I don't know what to do. [Re: lapchinj]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi H18,

I do not know what the laws are in your country, but in the United States, a doctor is not permitted to release any medical information for a person who is 18 years old (the age of majority), or older, unless there is a court order permitting them to do that.

If the laws in your country are like ours, then your doctor cannot legally disclose anything to anyone without your prior written consent. Consent must be obtained each time the information is ot be released. You also have control as to which information is released and to whom.

I am very sorry that you endured such horrible things and the toll it has been taking on your life.

The fact taht someone told you the LIE that abused males becomes abusers really makes me angry.

As a matter of fact, you can read the post about that very subject here at MS. Information about the Abused Becoming Abusers

The erroneous conclusion from which that myth comes is from a study done in 1979.

The article in the link above, starting on page 4, talks about why that study was incorrect in it's conclusions and what the truth is.

Please take care of yourself, and if that means telling your doctor the truth so you can receive the appropriate services, please do that. If your laws are similar to ours, your doctor cannot reveal any of your personal information. No one has to know.

I am sorry you need to be here, but I am happy that you have found us.

Welcome to MS.

Anomalous

#393009 - 04/10/12 04:35 PM Re: I don't know what to do. [Re: H18]
Vadrian Offline

Loc: Pacific
No, you definitely didn't make it up; you know what happened. What takes place in your family now should show you the truth about them; who will they believe, you or him? If they don't believe you they aren't worth your time. It's highly unlikely that your brother would just admit what he did, especially if he feels other people will back him up. Don't expect anything from him.

There was nothing wrong with the way you disclosed your abuse; it seems obvious to me that the rest of your family feels fine with shouting things out loud. You have the right to do so as well, and the way or manner in which you confront your abusive family is irrelevant to the fact that you deserve to be believed and respected, and you have a right to speak your truth. It's good that you were abl e to.

#403642 - 07/14/12 06:21 PM Re: I don't know what to do. [Re: H18]
Mark1981 Offline
MaleSurvivor

H18, I wonder if you still come here and lurk, like I do. I hope you're okay. It sounds like rough times at your house. I've been there, with the brother thing. I haven't confronted him or my mom. I admire your courage. I hope you are doing better. If you feel like, please drop a line and update us. Much love.

#404615 - 07/24/12 01:07 PM Re: I don't know what to do. [Re: H18]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 07:16 PM)
Edit Reason: SILENCED

#404670 - 07/24/12 07:28 PM * [Re: H18]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 11:40 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.