Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jay1946, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446699 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#392792 - 04/08/12 08:03 PM grace extended
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
I have been thinking about this post for awhile. I have struggled having a mother who was responsible for caring for me as a child but, yet she was a monster. It is a tough situation to be in. I have been on this journey to have peace in my life.

BUT, when incest is apart of the life I have lived, life is very challenging. Relationships get shattered. If you try talking to anyone including a therapist, the other person says I can't help you at best. Most others just run away or say I don't have time.

Well after not talking with my mom for 2 years, I wrote a letter today. I will get input from others about the letter before I mail it. But, crafting the letter was very DIFFICULT.

I wanted to open the door to future - healthy - relationship
with my mother. This took alot of grace.

Avery

Edited by Avery46 (04/08/12 08:05 PM)
Edit Reason: oops pushe the submit button and I was not finished

#392810 - 04/08/12 10:39 PM Re: grace extended [Re: Avery46]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

That does take A LOT of grace.

Test the waters though. Make sure she's not just going to re-victimize you in some way. Play it safe. See if she has changed at all.

If you want to talk more about this particular idea, PM me. I have some input and such on this, but I know that some will not like/appreciate the perspective it comes from.

#395279 - 04/28/12 08:54 AM Re: grace extended [Re: Avery46]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Forgiveness is the best thing to do for yourself and the worst thing to do to the perps. Better than revenge. Good luck. Write it and get it out of you.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.