Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63568 Topics
444132 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#392663 - 04/07/12 06:43 PM today
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
went to wal-mart earlier today to pick up a few things.

while i was there, one of the local motorcycle clubs was out front handing out pamphlets and collecting donations for helping to end child sexual abuse.....

the guy handed me a pamphlet as i walked into the store...

i stopped, once i got inside, and read it... got triggered... mostly in a good way though.. was thinking of how great it was that there are people out there trying to make a difference..

i got the few things i was going after and while i was waiting in line to pay for them i got to really thinking about what they were doing and how much it meant to me....

i decided that on my way out i would stop and shake the guy's hand and let him know how much it meant....

on the way out, i stopped and looked at the guy... he came over and all i could muster out was

"thank you. you have no idea how much this means to me."

then i reached my hand out and shook his hand....

he said thanks and that if i was interested i could take a look at his bike. i told him that i didn't have time, which was the truth, but i said that i would like to make a donation to the cause...

i pulled out my wallet and only had 3 dollars left... i showed him that i only had this left, but i would like to donate it..

he graciously accepted and once again said thanks...

i was about to cry... i could feel it.... i had to leave because i didn't want to start crying in front of everyone there at wal-mart..

i turned to walk away and said to him again, that i truly appreciate what they are doing and that he didn't know how much it means to me.....

i could tell by the look in his eyes he knew that i had been abused without even having to say it... he just nodded his head in acknowledgement that he understood what i meant....

i then had to leave before i broke down...

i've still got the pamphlet... i plan on sending this local chapter a letter / email to let them know, in more detail, that their help is greatly appreciated in ending child sexual abuse....

my story

my vlog

#392677 - 04/07/12 08:56 PM Re: today [Re: Obi]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Positive triggers are a part of healthy recovery IMHO Todd. To see such proactive support for our cause in such a real place must have been overwhelming. I feel your joy in reading this, thank you for sharing.

Sam

#392700 - 04/08/12 03:02 AM Re: today [Re: SamV]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
We could use more GOOD NEWS like this!!!
Thanks, Obi!
Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#392701 - 04/08/12 03:04 AM * [Re: Obi]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 05:10 PM)

#392714 - 04/08/12 04:44 AM . [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island

Edited by Life's A Dream (01/12/13 11:06 PM)

#392732 - 04/08/12 09:00 AM Re: today [Re: Life's A Dream]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
thanks everyone for the comments... it was truly overwhelming, but in a good way... made me feel good to see that there are people out there, that haven't been abused, actually trying to make a difference in opening the eyes to the general public to a very real issue and also help in bringing an end to it.....

@ lad - triggers are anything that brings about an emotional response. they can be good and bad... some triggers can bring out positive emotions that are very powerful. just as powerful as bad triggers.

my story

my vlog

#392753 - 04/08/12 03:42 PM Re: today [Re: Obi]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Awesome, Obi.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.