Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64203 Topics
448040 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#392363 - 04/05/12 10:11 PM *
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 05:05 PM)

#392367 - 04/05/12 10:17 PM Re: Update on Sandusky Case POSSIBLE TRIGGERS [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Oh he meant the game thing that way. He's made comments like this all along. Talking about taking the case "all four quarters." Etc.

His lawyer is a dirtbag known for humiliating and doing his worst to witnesses. Oh... and he got a 16 year old client of his pregnant . Scum defending scum.

Edited by JustScott (04/05/12 10:18 PM)

#392384 - 04/05/12 11:16 PM Re: Update on Sandusky Case POSSIBLE TRIGGERS [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi,

I saw the press conference this morning after the motions were filed in court.

Currently, there are more than 50 charges pending against Sandusky.

Joe Amendola, Sandusky's attorney spoke at length .... In part, he is trying the case in the "court of public opinion," because the jury will be from "happy valley."

I understand people are entitled to a vigorous defense, regardless how vile the person or their crimes may be. That doesn't diminish my outrage at Sandusky and at all who looked the other way.

One of the many outrageous things Mr. Amendola stated was that he didn't believe that any of Sandusky's accusers should be allowed to testify against him.

Mr. Amendola also believed that all of the charges should have been dismissed. He withdrew this request this evening. You can read the news report here.

Joseph McGettigan, the district attorney in this case, told the reporters and the viewing audience that he would not "keep them long," since they had just been subjected to a "filibuster" by the defense attorney.

He also stated that the victims in this case were going to have their day in court, where they would take the stand and tell what Sandusky did to them.

In part, a lot of the "unnecessary killing of trees," as Mr. McGettigan called it, is because the defense has to put things on record or they are precluded from discussing them in the appeal briefs, should there be an appeal.

But for those of us waiting to see Sandusky get what is more than overdue, this feels like a slap in the face, not only to those Sandusky harmed, but to everyone else who has ever been harmed.

There are many things that bother me about Jerry Sandusky, but one of the most bothersome is the smile/ grin that is always on his face as he enters and leaves court.

Does he not realize the gravity of the situation? Or has he deluded himself into believing that he really hasn't done anything wrong?

What is the look that I see on his face? Arrogance comes to mind.

Jerry, enjoy your ignorance and your arrogance, for it won't last long. I do not see a future with many smiles and grins in it for you.

The boys you abused will have their day in court. And when they do, everyone will know what these boys have always known.

Anomalous

#392420 - 04/06/12 01:16 AM * [Re: Anomalous]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 05:07 PM)

#392460 - 04/06/12 07:08 AM Re: Update on Sandusky Case POSSIBLE TRIGGERS [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
pluckmemory Offline

Don'w sweat it. Sandusky's lawyer is a grandstanding idiot.

#392508 - 04/06/12 04:24 PM Re: Update on Sandusky Case POSSIBLE TRIGGERS [Re: pluckmemory]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Don't forget, all the defense has to do is blow smoke. They don't have to make sense or prove anything.

John, Esq.

#392678 - 04/07/12 08:59 PM Re: Update on Sandusky Case POSSIBLE TRIGGERS [Re: unhappycamper]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
What bothers me is that Sandusky is living at home with friends and family visiting for Easter.
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#392687 - 04/07/12 11:33 PM Re: Update on Sandusky Case POSSIBLE TRIGGERS [Re: catfish86]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
He'll be on the loose for years even if there are convictions, what with the inevitable appeals.

#392809 - 04/08/12 10:38 PM Re: Update on Sandusky Case POSSIBLE TRIGGERS [Re: unhappycamper]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
If this thing turns out unhappily, which is a possibility, he may have to spend his retirement income hiring a full-time body guard.

Puffer

#392816 - 04/09/12 12:25 AM Re: Update on Sandusky Case POSSIBLE TRIGGERS [Re: JustScott]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
His lawyer is no fuck-up. Letting Sandusky go on TV after being charged is a huge no-no but I get why he did it. It was his only play since redhead saw one incident go down. It's now evidence though. His lawyer stuck him in a corner on pleading innocent with that interview. Get the potential jurors believing he was innocent, and a victim of a witch hunt himself. Put him up there as some victim only trying to do good.

I expected his lawyer to do what he's doing otherwise from a legal perspective. Attacking the victims's credibility is job no. 1 in such cases. You'll see those kids on trial. A lie anywhere can destroy a count. So can a drug or alcohol history or even the money angle (in this case). A big reason why women don't report rapes. The redhead coach I expect to get a brutal cross. Same with the janitor.

A defense attorney has to defend. I think his goal is just as little jail time as possible. Believe it or not, the pressure is on the prosecution and the witnesses not the defense. It could also be the evidence (other than the witnesses) is very weak. Or, Sandusky could finger bigger fish and get off with probation or the charges dismissed. If Penn State was really passing around kids to big donors and Sandusky was the "madame" so to speak, I bet it goes on for years, the public will have forgot and nothing will happen. It was weird that DA disappeared before.

I remember writing a defense lawyer saying, "the best case is where the only evidence is people. People have closets to find stuff in; hard evidence doesn't. Let's go to the closet and have a look around" and "Truth is nothing more than an opinion. Let's see if they got the right one."

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#392973 - 04/10/12 10:08 AM Re: Update on Sandusky Case POSSIBLE TRIGGERS [Re: phoenix321]
pluckmemory Offline

Judge orders gag order in Sandusky case. Sandusky's lawyer is forbidden to talk about the case from now until the trial. He won't like that:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/colle...n=recent_bullet

#393261 - 04/12/12 11:59 PM * [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 05:14 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.