Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
6 registered (Obi, JW1230, Nathan LaChine, 3 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63557 Topics
444050 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#392334 - 04/05/12 04:37 PM comfort
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
As difficult as it is to accept, I pray and wish great comfort to those of you who have experienced abuse at the hands of females.

My abuse was at the hands, mind, and spirit of the female who was supposed to be my mother. I know this abuse forever changed my life. This culture, in my lifetime will never accept the reality of this abuse and its affects.

My challenge in life is too accept - care, love, and respect - genuineness from women.

I did not think I had anything else that could be helpful to say but, I did want to offer comforting words. As far as the internet and the printed word can go, I offer words of peace, grace, mercy and hope for the future.

Avery

#392343 - 04/05/12 06:34 PM Re: comfort [Re: Avery46]
Si Victim Offline

Loc: England
Avery,

you have plenty to offer. Thank you for such comforting words and it's a reminder to all here to keep offering support to one another.

Si

http://thesilenceofdomesticviolence.blogspot.co.uk/

Look me up and add me on facebook : Si Victim

#392442 - 04/06/12 04:57 AM Re: comfort [Re: Avery46]
ctznken Offline

Loc: Ohio
Thanks Avery.

"This culture, in my lifetime will never accept the reality of this abuse and its affects."

My Rant

I've found that out first hand. There's nothing quite like being passed from therapist to therapist and getting nothing but strange looks. 2 tried to convince me I was gay (long story) and 1 told me to join a gym for the social exercise. WTF - I was used as a sex toy by my mother who liked getting drunk and kicking the shit out of me besides that. I don't think dating men or a good workout is going to fix it.

I'm seeing more and more that we have to do it (recover) ourselves. At least for the time being. It's a shame to modern physiology That we'er all lumped together with stereotypical males and are expected to act as such. But we can't act like them because (speaking for myself) Our emotional mechanisms are entirely different. When I'm supposed to laugh, I cry and when I'm supposed to cry, I laugh. I know it goes way deeper then that, but hope you get my point. That stuff used to make me mad but today it makes me determined.

End Rant.

I sure am glad I found you guys. Thanks again for the prayer.

Ken

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.