Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
3 registered (EchoSoul, 2 invisible), 10 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447925 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#392180 - 04/04/12 12:44 PM Re: I'm not a fun person [Re: EdfromNYC]
ctznken Offline

Loc: Ohio
I can relate. So much so, I don't know what to say except keep trying. It does come to mind that I'm usually open for about anything to do. When it comes to doing stuff that should be fun, I try to find a way to say yes rather then no. even though i'm not a fun person (what I think), I have to notice people still ask me to do stuff, because I'm willing. Sometimes i'm just going through the motions, but once in while I do ok. It's been a process that has helped me somewhat.

#392249 - 04/05/12 12:26 AM Re: I'm not a fun person [Re: ctznken]
Human Offline

Loc: private
Boy it's hard to respond to these posts without getting lost and begin telling your whole life story! I've had to delete and re-write this post a few times just to condense it and stay somewhat on topic.

I'm sure I too stopped doing things I enjoyed shortly after my abuse began(age 8 to 14). I was a successful "selling" child artist, my paintings were selling in NYC galleries and then I just stopped.

We moved away shortly after and no one noticed I had stopped painting, not even myself. I think my mother noticed but she was busy with work/divorce/her own issues and she did her best but it wasn't enough. She also had no idea I was being sexually abused (not until recently, 38 years later)I should have told her sooner. I tried but it didn't come out right. My father was living far away and not helpful so I didn't think to tell him, even though I probably should have.

I'm getting off topic so I'll stop now and...I want to shout out, to yell...IF ANY KID IS READING THIS, DON'T WAIT TELL A RESPONSIBLE ADULT IF YOU'RE BEING ABUSED AND DO IT RIGHT AWAY!

Now 40 years later I've slowly started to dabble more with art again. I think finally telling my distracted family (and a few trusted freinds) has allowed me to take a risk and create some art. If anything it is pleasant to focus on small art projects.

#392252 - 04/05/12 01:28 AM Re: I'm not a fun person [Re: Human]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Human - minor hijack here - would you be interested and willing to psot some of your art if we can get permission to do so? i would and i'll bet others would too. I think that would be a great thing for many to do - like the poetry forum! don't want to push but just throw out the idea...

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#392257 - 04/05/12 02:30 AM . [Re: traveler]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island

Edited by Life's A Dream (01/12/13 11:11 PM)

#392259 - 04/05/12 03:30 AM Re: I'm not a fun person [Re: Life's A Dream]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Guys don't want to hijack either but there is part of board called Images, Art and Poetry but visible for members of Male Survivor only.

Ed I think that you are certainly fun guy, I'll always bet on that smile !
From my pants on this issue I can say that I need to find way how more to relax my self, and especially related to socialization and meeting people. I've found building self esteem as almost the most important goal in my recovery...
Changing my passivity into proactive and affirmative way of thinking is something very challenging for me; I need to move some additional hurdles that I've put on my own path...

Those are my problematic parts put in short and I'll have to work hard and for long time to make some big progress there.
I just don't want to live some lame life. I want all my capacities working with full power. I need feeling fulfilled and satisfied. I'll take what ever is needed to gain that even I've been scared of some things....Those are my thoughts on all this...
Be Well brothers!

#392290 - 04/05/12 11:39 AM Re: I'm not a fun person [Re: Human]
EdfromNYC Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York City
I relate to your post. I was an expressive kid involved in the arts and I stopped doing it, too. It cut off a HUGE part of me. I did cut it off because I was afraid of being diminished for doing it and also I didn't want any attention on me so that I could avoid people finding out what secrets were running my life. I wanted to avoid any and all scrutiny so I did only what I needed to in order to avoid prying eyes.

You picking up your art again is inspiring to me and others, which is great. Glad you wrote about it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.