Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
1 registered (AdawgJR), 29 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63171 Topics
441740 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#392221 - 04/04/12 09:26 PM Re: They Even Hit After You Cry TRIGGER [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
When I was growing up if a neighbor seen you acting up they would spank that butt. It made kids alot more cautious to act up if u ask me. Just my opinion though
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#392222 - 04/04/12 10:14 PM Re: They Even Hit After You Cry TRIGGER [Re: Anomalous]
Vadrian Offline

Loc: Pacific
Originally Posted By: Anomalous
****** TRIGGER WARNING ******

I do not believe there is ever a reason to spank a child. Spanking is a form of humiliation. It is also done out of anger. NOTHING is ever "learned" by the child, except that violence, and the disproportionate sizes between individuals, is a means by which to exert power over another.

Violence begets violence.

As for receiving "hugs" after being spanked, that is nothing more than the abusive cycle seen in many domestic situations later on in life.

"I hit you becuase I love you."

WTF????

How is hitting a healthy expression of love?

Hitting a child, regardless of intensity, is an act of violence. It teaches the child that he/ she doens't have a right to their own body. It teaches that violently acting out of anger, especially toward those who are smaller or weaker, is acceptable.

It teaches one to fear those who get angry, since those who get angry only express that anger through a loss of control.

It teaches one to fear their own anger, lest they too, lose control and hurt another.

I agree completely. And I would add that it teaches children to accept adults undressing them and touching their erogenous, private parts without their consent. Many survivors have identified "spanking" as the way they learned to obey and keep silent in the face of their sexual abuser. Research also shows that hitting that part of the body sends rushes of blood to the genitals; for that and many other reasons, spanking is often sexual abuse itself. Like any other form of violence, corporal punishment can cause PTSD, anxiety, and it can cause people to form sexual fetishes related to spanking later in life, which they make take out on their children with 'punishment' as the excuse.

What a sick time it was when people had no problem with neighbors stripping off their children's clothes and assaulting them.

#392241 - 04/05/12 12:01 AM * [Re: Country]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 05:04 PM)

#392275 - 04/05/12 09:22 AM Re: They Even Hit After You Cry TRIGGER [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Country Offline

We are talking about trying to show a child the difference between right and wrong right??
There is a difference in a spanking and abuse. I mean people can twist my words all they like to make their point valid ifthey choose.

In my opinion we need to get back to grass roots. Raise your children in a way that is right according to God and te law of the land. It takes a whole community to raise a child.
Now if someone is undressing a kid to a spank them then I think that is inappropriate.
When I said it is fine if a child is humiliated by getting in trouble, I meant it just as it sounded. What child when u scold them in public isn't humiliated just a little ? There is a lesson to be learned there.
If you ask me , we as a society are pudddinizing " our precious little angels" and it is all our fault.
Now with all that being said , we Do have great kids out there thT have never had a spanking and great kids out there thy was raised on a foundation of if you messed up the u got the belt on the butt.
I know this is a very arguable subject and I don't try to start a uprising or riot on this but I read others opinions on spankings and added mine.
There are extremists on every subject. This one is no different. When I say spanking I mean this, if my child back talks back to an adult then when we get home they will probably get a few smacks on the fully clothed butt with a belt as punishment. If they stole something, they would get a spanking. If they scream too loud in the car or run through the house free being told not to for example , them they would probably get grounded from something. This is the way that I choose to raise my kids. Maybe not eat for all and I know that it is not the same for all.
My kids will say " yes sir and no sir" they will know that they can always come to dad with anything. They know thT dad loves them an wants the best for them. They know that dad also will not hesitate to whip thy butt if they get out of line though. All I can say is I have no perfect kids by any means and who really does?? We are all trying or striving for the same goal. To make or kids the best they can be. This is just my way of doing what I see is best for my kids. Best wishes to all on this Easter weekend and praise be to a risen Jesus.

Edited by Country (04/05/12 09:29 AM)

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#392276 - 04/05/12 09:25 AM Re: They Even Hit After You Cry TRIGGER [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Sorry for any typos. This iPhone is rough for a fella to type on.

#392284 - 04/05/12 10:37 AM Re: They Even Hit After You Cry TRIGGER [Re: Anomalous]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Anomalous,

My useless piece of shit "dad" beat me a few times. The worst part was the constant fear, the yelling, being called all kinds of derogatory names (idiot, bastard, little shit, stupid, worthless), etc., etc. I really hope he gets Alzhiemers. He deserves to suffer. If he dies peacefully in his sleep, there's something wrong with the universe. He yelled at me from the cradle. Mom did much of it too. I despise her at times. Didn't protect her young. I would have been better off with animals. He's damn lucky I didn't slit his throat once when I stood over him with a razor sharp knife as he slept. If I wouldn't have had to take a shit, he'd be a dead motherfucker (his real name). He wasn't worth dying that easy I thought on the toilet (yeah, made me laugh right now too...hahahaha!). I was in a Bipolar high that didn't stop and I was pissed. Couldn't kill the two child rapists and he had pissed me off early so fuck him I thought.

Bullies really should be careful who they push too far. Christians my ass. Provoke your children not to wrath their Bible says. Funny how they don't practice all their "wisdom." You know men in churches are 70% more like to beat their wives and kids? Fact.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#392285 - 04/05/12 10:47 AM Re: They Even Hit After You Cry TRIGGER [Re: Country]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Country,

No offense, man, but I can only see it with my abusive experience at the hands of the church and the fact no one wanted to help me either. They were too busy trying to help my "dad" who was a self-righteous hypocrite and prick who claimed to be a Christian and was anything but one, or is that how most are? Men in churches are 70% more likely to beat their kids and wives. I know, I know. I was one of the victims that had to sit there and hear all the rosy, happy horseshit from the pulpit knowing there was no help coming from any of them and I was screwed, praise god, thank you jesus. God loves you and all while I was curse at, called names, beat all in the name of jesus. People can believe how they want. What happened to me was horrible. That's my experience. Won't be again.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#392302 - 04/05/12 01:07 PM Re: They Even Hit After You Cry TRIGGER [Re: phoenix321]
Country Offline

I am sorry for your experience in the past bro. That must be very hard. I respect you and your opinion. We all look thru different eyes. Best of luck bro

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.