Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (58), Aaron7712 (48), Defiance Is Best (46), Interpreter (30), Kenn (55), RichardPaulPoill (68), soul (34), Tyler845 (27)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445577 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#392201 - 04/04/12 06:57 PM At the therapist office now
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
I have been coming to him for about six weeks now. He has given me no tools to help. All I do is go into his office and talk for 55 minutes. I am getting more healing out of church and my own reading than I am from the therapist. I can talk to a preacher if this is all therapy is about is just me talking the whole time. What should I expect here? To be honest I think that my spiritual side has helped me way more than the therapy has. Any ideas or comments on this?? I am reading the book " victims no longer".
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#392214 - 04/04/12 08:04 PM Re: At the therapist office now [Re: Country]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi Country,

You have been in therapy but a short time.

However, if you are not feeling there is any benefit, you need to discuss this with your therapist.

Tell him what you have told us.

It is important that you communicate with your therapist how you feel your therapy is progressing.

It is also true that many of us expect therapy to move much faster than it usually does.

One thing you may want to have with your therapist is a treatment plan. A treatment plan identifies the issues and what you expect to see/ experience as a resolution of those issues. Many therapists use treatment plans and review them with the client after specified intervals.

This lets the client and the therapist access whether or not progess is being made.

Being honest about how you feel about the progress of your therapy is paramount.

HTH

Anomalous

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.