Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
4 registered (traveler, Greg56, 2 invisible), 42 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63791 Topics
445474 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#392110 - 04/03/12 11:36 PM My CSA Lawsuit Update
Undefeated Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
Many of you guys know that I was having a well known CSA Lawyer represent me in a case against my perp and the Boy Scouts. There was a 90 day investigatory period where the Lawyer looked into my case and made a determination as to rather he should file a lawsuit on my behalf or not. I just heard from him today.

The Lawyer told me he has looked into every possible angle for the case and he says due to Colorado having some of the worst statute-of-limitations laws, he doesn't think he can win for me. Apparently the Catholic Church heavily lobbied the legislature here and got the laws changed several years back. As he says, there just won't be any justice for me in this life.

All this is little consolation, because my abuse has left me with so many psychological problems that I have never been able to hold down much of a job, let alone get ahead in life. I've had a problem with chronic self-sabotage and I always end up quitting jobs uncontrollably. I had a lot of hope in getting a judgement so I could get some counseling/therapy, but as with my whole life, I got screwed and now I have to live with the consequences on my own. I just don't know how I will keep body, soul and spirit together without decent/permanent employment and no financial resources until the end of my life.

In a way I am relieved I don't have to go through the stress of a trial, but I am also depressed that I will have no compensation for what happened to me, ever. I guess one positive note is that I can freely speak about what happened to me in the Boy Scouts and I am not bound to any confidentially agreement due to a settlement. wink

#392111 - 04/03/12 11:48 PM Re: My CSA Lawsuit Update [Re: Undefeated]
traveler Online   confused
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Undefeated -

good to see & hear from you again!
but - sorry about the bad news on the case.
glad you can share freely now...
(starting to sound like a good news/bad news joke!)
hope that we do hear more from you soon.
and hope you remain true to your user name!!!

lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#392122 - 04/04/12 01:57 AM * [Re: Undefeated]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 05:03 PM)

#412058 - 10/03/12 02:50 AM Re: My CSA Lawsuit Update [Re: Undefeated]
Undefeated Offline

Whoops! This was supposed to be a reply to Smalltown80sBoy, but I replied to myself. blush

Edited by Undefeated (10/06/12 11:03 AM)

#412337 - 10/06/12 10:59 AM Re: My CSA Lawsuit Update [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Undefeated Offline

Hi Gary,

I was just rereading the post in this thread and realized I never responded to you. I am sorry.

Sorry to hear about the work related problems as a result of your CSA. It seems that poor self image and self-sabotage are common problems with those of us that were victims of CSA. Most people have no idea what this is like and just don't understand why we keep quitting jobs. frown

So, how are you doing now? I had some work in the spring and that ended poorly. I am out of work and can't even face up to applying for jobs and having to go through the embarrassment and shame of putting down my work history in another application and having to explain it to an interviewer. frown

Edited by Undefeated (10/06/12 11:00 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.