Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
4 registered (Bluedogone, Doubter, petercorbett, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447596 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#391894 - 04/02/12 11:10 AM demonic possesion? Likely story!
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
I came across this report on Youtube via Gay.net march 27, 2012.

Demonic Possession Behind Homosexuality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iTBHwG1bAo&feature=player_embedded

Make no mistake, A man having sex with another man, MSWM, while being married IS wrong. It is a "compulsion" as Pat Robertson asserts. Is he also correct in therefore concluding it must be somekind of "demonic possession"? I suspect there is way more to this man's story, but we will likely never know. But men dont just start having sex with men later in life if they were not either abused or/and gay in orientation to begin with but repressed in expressing it.

This man now claims he does not have to be compelled to "act out his sinful nature". He is now free to embrace life through repentance. To me, what's sinful if we can co-op that phrase is he is not addressing the reason he started doing this in the first place. Neglect in his marriage he says. Hmm, had sex with men about age 18ish, then thought if he got married those feelings would go away. 'Neglect' the feeling of not being valued or appreciated therefore caused him to want to have sex with men.

Robertson does not differentiate between homosexuality and "homosexual lifestyle" carnal sin. It is just one big ball of ugly satanic wax. "Lifestyle", yes human sexuality - its like spring fashion week, are the skirts higher or lower this year? Khaki's or plaid, which one of these?

Its funny , not sure if Robertson calls men having sex with women outside of marriage demonic possession or is that simply just a sin as per, Bringham Young,Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker(who Swaggart called a "cancer on the body of christ" - oh ya rival mininstry skimming potential $tele-millions, (this list is really long btw).

All I know is being gay is really not the easiest thing in the world but it sure is not a possession, demonic or otherwise. But inlike these guys who follow the money, truly being gay is about finally following your heart.

It just is being.

Edited by 1lifenow (04/02/12 11:13 AM)

WoR Barrie 2011

#391913 - 04/02/12 02:09 PM Re: demonic possesion? Likely story! [Re: 1lifenow]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi 1Lifenow,

I'm glad you were able to read/ watch their nonsense.

Personally, I refrain from viewing/ reading anything that relegates a person's experience or life to "hell," or "damnation," or "sin."

Believe me, it is difficult not to violate a tenet here and say what I really think of the individuals you mentioned....

But I love what you said at your closing -

"... truly being gay is about finally following your heart.

It just is being. "

I hope your words and your message is heard much more than the messages of the others in your post.

Anomalous

#391918 - 04/02/12 02:44 PM Re: demonic possesion? Likely story! [Re: Anomalous]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
I've seen a lot of demonic possessions in that clip smile !

#391943 - 04/02/12 06:46 PM Re: demonic possesion? Likely story! [Re: peroperic2009]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
I pay no attention or credence to any narrow minded people who think anyone different than themselves is a threat.

Small minded people won't learn by arguing with them. They hopefully learn from their own mistakes.

D

#392125 - 04/04/12 02:15 AM * [Re: Magellan]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 05:03 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.