Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
4 registered (bluesky, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443026 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#391737 - 04/01/12 02:15 AM Re: PENN STATE PARENT PERSPECTIVE [Re: dancr6]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Quote:
On campus the chant was: They say we only care about football, they say we don't care about kids....$10.6m!

As a PR person that specialized in disgraced people, it was an error in judgment. The discussion on this alone is proof of what I speak. It's a great cause, sure, but the wrong message to send.

The best thing Penn State or anyone can do in such a scandal is this:
1. Clean house.
2. Admit they were wrong.
3. Settle the lawsuit and make the terms public. (Many do disagree but it's penance. It tells any idiot with a camera or newspaper, we mean we fucked up and we're trying to make it right, and, yes, we know that's maybe not possible for obvious reasons. The settlement should include money and free psychological help for as long as they need it.)
4. Put mechanisms in place to make sure it doesn't happen again and make it public when they announce the settlement.

How Penn State did it wrong:

1. Blamed everyone but themselves. Their board was right to fire the two they put in-charge, Paterno and Spanier, but were guilty themselves of sleeping at the wheel.
2. See #1. From there they'll get everything else wrong.

The worst thing people hate is cover-ups within big organizations. The Catholic Church is begging people to come back. The cover-up hurt them and will hurt Penn State in the long-term. People will think, wonder who is doing it that got away with it? Kids will decide to go elsewhere. Perhaps big-shot professors will turn down Penn by accepting somewhere else. It will hurt them with talent.

A good example how to get away with a scandal is Bill Clinton. But, all he did was bang an intern. And, like or not, people liked Bill Clinton and hated Hillary. He had the charisma that never goes away. That's why the GOP hated him, but actually admired him in certain places they didn't like talking about. Why? Women saw him as weak...with women. Men did too but kept their traps shut and agreed with their wives lest the anger turned on them. They may have scorned him for doing it, but saw it as a human failing. Clinton was great at looking like a dumbass who didn't know any better--a victim. First, thing, he ignored it. When he admitted he had an "inappropriate relationship," the game was up. The GOP had egg on their faces. Now, if Bill had been say Newt Gingrich, they would have crucified him. Why? Newt had the image of a thug. The other reason Clinton got away with it is really easy: a bunch of women wanted to sleep with the guy, or had the fantasy. Clinton was the lover as opposed to Newt the thug. What women really, really didn't like about Bill was they he used Monica for blowjobs. But, they saw he as stupid for it. It didn't hurt that all the women Bill boned loved him for it except Paula Jones who they thought was just trying to cash in. Monica wanted the scarlet letter and the executive kneepads. Dumb broad got what she deserved they thought. So did a lot of other girls who were your wives. They guys just wanted to be Bill. Haha! Women didn't blame Bill for what he did like always with such guys. They blame themselves for being "stupid."

Edited by phoenix321 (04/01/12 02:17 AM)

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#391752 - 04/01/12 09:31 AM Re: PENN STATE PARENT PERSPECTIVE [Re: phoenix321]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

You guys high jacked this post and just don't get my message at all..

This post is not about scumbag Sandusky and scumbag Patterno and their scumbag pals.

This post has been about 40000 students on campus who simply by choosing that school became part of the picture. The age of his victims matches the age group of the students. One of my sons best friends grew up in town As I said to my kids, don't you realize that boy sitting in class next to you could be in fact be a victim?

This post has been about how 40000 kids have walked through a firestorm around them and are doing more than most to male a difference in a way they choose to. This weekend they hosted the "relay for Life". Who are any of us to say money for Cancer research is not good enough?

I don't think we heal until we can find genuine good happening and applaud it. Define that narrowly to a cause that only effects us and I think we will stay stuck in recovery.

There is good taking place on that campus and it did not start because of the crimes there, does not take place because of the crimes there, and won't end because of the crimes either.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.