Newest Members
baltimura, YotaD55, giant251, Casey_SC, Xr2
12375 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
josacam (51), PhillyPa (39), sum1sun (39), time2heal (40)
Who's Online
3 registered (thrive-n-survive, lapchinj, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12375 Members
74 Forums
63593 Topics
444258 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#391288 - 03/29/12 01:41 AM Phil, Penn Monsignor on Trial for Coverup History
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
1st prosecution of an administrator in U.S. History! The other priest is an alleged pedo.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/story/2012-03-26/priest-abuse-trial-philadelphia/53781144/1

Quote:
Monsignor William Lynn, who supervised priests as secretary for clergy from 1992 through 2004. Lynn is the first U.S. church official charged for his administrative role in the sex abuse crisis.

He is on trial with the Rev. James Brennan, who is charged with the attempted rape of a 14-year-old boy in 1996. Both men entered not guilty pleas before the jury Monday.

Prosecutors say the 61-year-old Lynn transferred priests to new parishes when a problem arose or told parishioners that their priest was taking a "health leave" when he was going for therapy or to a "safe" assignment at an old-age home. Before long, problem priests were back in parish work, with unsupervised access to children.

Defense lawyers plan to argue that the accusers are out for money or hope to explain away their troubled lives. Both accusers have criminal records and a history of drug addiction.

Attack the victims. Sick, defense. Assistant District Attorney Jacqueline Coelho should be commended since no one else seems to want to prosecute the cover-up artists. If you notice, it's a she not a man. Says something, doesn't it?

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#391495 - 03/30/12 04:18 AM Re: Phil, Penn Monsignor on Trial for Coverup History [Re: phoenix321]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Thanks God for that prosecution!
"Defense lawyers plan to argue that the accusers are out for money or hope to explain away their troubled lives. Both accusers have criminal records and a history of drug addiction."
This sentence taken from article has piss*d me off among others...
There is no such explanation that could justify abuse of kids!

#392175 - 04/04/12 12:20 PM Re: Phil, Penn Monsignor on Trial for Coverup History [Re: peroperic2009]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
>> "Both accusers have criminal records and a history of drug addiction."<<

And so far, most of the pedo-priests don't have criminal records simply because the church works so hard to hide their histories of pedo-sex addiction.

Peace, and Justice!

John

#392297 - 04/05/12 12:34 PM Re: Phil, Penn Monsignor on Trial for Coverup History [Re: unhappycamper]
pluckmemory Offline

Reporter gives high mark to Father Brennan accuser "Mark" for his testimony on stand:

"Accused Holds Up Well on Witness Stand at Clergy Sex Abuse case."

http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/...cmpid=124488459

"Mark" is a Marine.

#392533 - 04/06/12 08:56 PM Re: Phil, Penn Monsignor on Trial for Coverup History [Re: pluckmemory]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Undisclosed
Yes I just got done reading about Mark's incredible day of smash mouth testimony under cross examination. Im so pumped now, good luck Mark!

#394507 - 04/22/12 10:11 PM Re: Phil, Penn Monsignor on Trial for Coverup History [Re: phoenix321]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ive been closely following the clergy sex abuse trial in Philadelphia. This week a witness named a bishop from West Virginia, Bishop Michael Bransfield. So, this quote from the story should tell it all.... "Bransfield, a Philadelphia native who heads the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston, responded with a staunch denial, calling the trial "a circus" and accusing prosecutors of irresponsibly smearing his name "to bolster their persecution of the church."

Not so surprisingly, Bransfield was out of the US at this time, meetings at the Vatican, how convenient!!! Seems a West Virginia judge was holding up an order for the bishop's assistant to testify at this trial.

The hardest part for me in reading about this is how it reminds me of how I was a "fair haired boy" myself to a priest back in my early teens. I was so young and naive, I didnt know what was going on.

When I read the witnesses statements saying how the priests were basically bragging to one another about their sexual conquests, I just shows how they thought they were entitled to treat innocent boys as sex toys. Wind em up, play with them, wind em up again.
the link....
Bishop Bransfield named in clergy sex abuse trial

#399126 - 06/01/12 11:37 AM Re: Phil, Penn Monsignor on Trial for Coverup History [Re: phoenix321]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

The Philadelphia Clergy Sex Abuse Case was turned over to the jury for deliberations starting today.

An excellent site for details of the trial is at
http://www.priestabusetrial.com/ and I recommend it highly.

#399162 - 06/01/12 09:26 PM Re: Phil, Penn Monsignor on Trial for Coverup History [Re: phoenix321]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: phoenix321
1st prosecution of an administrator in U.S. History! The other priest is an alleged pedo.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/story/2012-03-26/priest-abuse-trial-philadelphia/53781144/1

Quote:
Monsignor William Lynn, who supervised priests as secretary for clergy from 1992 through 2004. Lynn is the first U.S. church official charged for his administrative role in the sex abuse crisis.

He is on trial with the Rev. James Brennan, who is charged with the attempted rape of a 14-year-old boy in 1996. Both men entered not guilty pleas before the jury Monday.

Prosecutors say the 61-year-old Lynn transferred priests to new parishes when a problem arose or told parishioners that their priest was taking a "health leave" when he was going for therapy or to a "safe" assignment at an old-age home. Before long, problem priests were back in parish work, with unsupervised access to children.

Defense lawyers plan to argue that the accusers are out for money or hope to explain away their troubled lives. Both accusers have criminal records and a history of drug addiction.

Attack the victims. Sick, defense. Assistant District Attorney Jacqueline Coelho should be commended since no one else seems to want to prosecute the cover-up artists. If you notice, it's a she not a man. Says something, doesn't it?

I wish they would do something like this in the boy scout organization.

Puffer

#401041 - 06/20/12 01:11 PM Re: Phil, Penn Monsignor on Trial for Coverup History [Re: phoenix321]
pluckmemory Offline

Jury says today they are deadlocked; judge tells them to keep trying:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsy...abuse_case.html

#401236 - 06/21/12 09:56 PM Re: Phil, Penn Monsignor on Trial for Coverup History [Re: pluckmemory]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Originally Posted By: pluckmemory
Jury says today they are deadlocked; judge tells them to keep trying:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsy...abuse_case.html

Even if they get out of it, a prosecutor did her job and prosecuted them. That's a first! A great beginning. There are more to throw in jail.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.