Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 60 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63116 Topics
441391 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#390973 - 03/27/12 02:50 AM Re: Hi everyone [Re: 1lifenow]
philistine Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oregon
Son,

Welcome

Initial consent is not enough, if at any time you did not consent, it was rape. It took me a long time to see that, I still question it, but it is true.

I am familiar with the lack of memories and have my manic moments so I will say this ... you are not alone.

You are taking some step in your life that may seem terrifying, the men around here will be there for you.

"No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself" - Nietzsche

#391012 - 03/27/12 01:24 PM Re: Hi everyone TRIGGER [Re: son]
skylar777 Offline

Loc: ohio
Hi son i am skylar777 glad you took the time to try this site out feel free to write and post and if you want to talk private do so as well. I have been there and being 56 i still suffer if you want to talk private message me and lets talk.

hope to hear from you..

#391021 - 03/27/12 02:32 PM Re: Hi everyone TRIGGER [Re: skylar777]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, Son -

First, a definite (((hug))) and a welcome. Your story was particularly poignant. You'll probably find - as I have - that stories are like fingerprints. No two are quite the same. Yet the path to healing and greater happiness is a shared one.

What really caught my attention is that you could not fully characterize what happened to you as a rape. The implication - as I see it - is that if you do not even know precisely what it was, how can you hope to heal from it? I think the distinction may be more academic, however. Regardless of what it was, the fundamental resolution (from my perspective at least) is the same: regaining control and staking claim over your own life.

As children we've had fundamental boundary violations. Some of us never learned what an appropriate boundary is (I've had significant issues with that). That the situation with your "rape" was vague and defied your ability to assign it as such is not surprising to me.

Your candor will serve you well here.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#391268 - 03/29/12 12:10 AM * [Re: son]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 04:53 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.