Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64153 Topics
447635 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#390993 - 03/27/12 09:03 AM North Star (Not a poem, void of them at the moment
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA

This back night, Iím absorbed by a single star its stark brightness overpowering my thoughts, obscuring all softer glows that possibly are reaching out to me. At the moment I canít see them but surely there are other supportive twinkles sparkling, but not with the intensity of this one spot light that is bearing, relentlessly down on me.

Normally luminosities lights from the heavens brings me to a place of peaceful awe but tonight the light is more like the menacing bulb swinging from the ceiling in a darkened, confined room assisting memories with false accusations.

This is the question that haunts me.

Why donít I look away from the light surely the pitch of the dark is preferable to the pain of a view so bright with facts, it blinds the truth?

I wish I had an adequate answer but I donít, so it is time for me to rise and move away from my inclusive thoughts and travel deep within where no light shines. It is safe here in this hollowed out place secured by doors that are deeply bolted into the jams of my hardened skin. Deep in the safety of this place Iím able to listen to kinder echoes from an inner voice, reverberating off of the walls that confine of my mind.

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#391013 - 03/27/12 01:28 PM Re: North Star (Not a poem, void of them at the moment [Re: earlybird]
dancr6 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: georgia
I see a paradox in that, Earlybird. We have to be willing to look into the light for enlightenment and it is, at times, more painful that living in the darkness that we have become accustomed to. Living in the darkness that we are accustomed to is comfrortable but the stagnation it inevitably causes eradicates growth. This can be a confusing journey, can't it?

#391223 - 03/28/12 06:41 PM Re: North Star (Not a poem, void of them at the moment [Re: dancr6]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
Thanks dancr6 after reading and thinking about your response I wrote a poem that goes along with this post "Night Blindness" infusing your thoughts within it. Thanks for your thoughts, Earlybird

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.