Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
2 registered (GT13568, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63561 Topics
444084 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#391212 - 03/28/12 05:30 PM the war
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
hey guys just thinking again and writing a bit thought Id share.
The War
Whirling clouds like a tornado in my head. Thoughts assail me mindless strikes, senseless thoughts against which there are no defenses strike with power like lightening in Jolting, fear, terror, why? To bleed seems better than to face this storm, at least then in the end there is a victor a wound that will heal in time. But this, This Bastard! How I hate the struggle! Inside my mind the battle rages overpowering, crushing. There is no surrender. So many thoughts, visions, and memories, crash in with siege machines on my consciousness. The ancient trebuchet hurls the pain of the past in giant stone missiles at my sanity. Yet outside, the appearance must be maintained. No pain here, no emotion screaming in my head for release...no I am fine. This is the war on a second front! Mask it, hide it, and never allow the horror to be seen. It is far too awful a vision. Then at the end, after a battle hard fought there is nothing to show for it. There are no war wounds, no medals, no trophies, and no glory. There is just exhaustion…but oh! The prospect of rest! There is hope that the battle might not need to be enjoined again in any near time. Perhaps that is reward enough, for it is the Hope that perhaps the sirens will not sound for a day or so and the ceasefire will remain unbroken, if even just for a time, and perhaps the quiet that I fear so much in the outside, might take root in my mind. The Idea seems… beyond my scope.
Jeff
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

#391252 - 03/28/12 10:09 PM Re: the war [Re: newground]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
Jeff, this is powerful and moving, mirroring my own struggle. At the end you suggest the ideas of this poem are outside of your scope of understand yet you painted our situation with such vivid clarity. Thank you.

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#391262 - 03/28/12 11:17 PM Re: the war [Re: earlybird]
Bert DMA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor
Loc: New York and Japan
Thank you, Jeff.

#391328 - 03/29/12 06:10 AM Re: the war [Re: Bert DMA]
dancr6 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: georgia
I read this and found that by the time you mentioned exhaustion and then rest, I was out of breath. I'm sure there is a lot of us here that have an acute understanding of your words. Thank you

#391339 - 03/29/12 07:39 AM Re: the war [Re: dancr6]
Kiva Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States

Edited by Kiva (05/12/12 07:12 PM)

#391390 - 03/29/12 02:31 PM Re: the war [Re: Kiva]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
thanks guys for the encouragement and the comments. I do hope rest from the war will amount to healing for us all...one day soon.
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.