Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
2 registered (manipulated, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447976 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#390909 - 03/26/12 08:47 PM Re: What's with all the ads? [Re: SamV]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Eric and Edward Wong,
firstly I've tried with running Firefox in safe mod with disabled ads. Result was negative, ads were visible at this board.
Secondly I've installed AdBlock Plus like Eric mentioned and without adding any filter rule it seems that ads went off smile.
However I'm sure that MS has been assaulted by some hackers (like Edward described least scenario) after I've goggled about it, I've found that people have many similar problems at different blogs and forums from last year let say.
Here is one good solution described (I don't know is it compatible to UBB.threads™ 7.3.1 which is used for MS) but could be helpful anyway:
http://www.bloggersentral.com/2011/12/remove-unwanted-adsense-from-your-blog.html

Pero

#390976 - 03/27/12 03:33 AM Re: What's with all the ads? [Re: peroperic2009]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Pero,

That link makes a lot of sense. It was hacking like Edward said. Glad it's gone.

Note: I saw a lot of AdBlock comments. AdBlock may "block" an ad but it can and does load in your browser. So, if the ad has a virus, you still get it. Another reason why Steve Jobs hated Flash.

I use Opera and it has a global block of content from 2 places that is serving the ads. As of 3:34am CST, I still saw ads so I blocked them with the browser. MS, you have a hack or the webhost is screwed up. The ads are from "xxxpageads. googlesydication .com"(no spaces). I have no viruses. I ran that. About to run it again to make sure.

Edited by phoenix321 (03/27/12 04:37 AM)

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.