Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (truestory), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441809 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#39072 - 06/18/03 01:55 PM Re: No-one can relate...even here??!
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Rabbit & Hdan:

Both of your posts--very well spoken. Thank you.

Victor

#39073 - 06/18/03 06:55 PM Re: No-one can relate...even here??!
Happy Birthday Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Tom
Quote:
N-E-V-E-R under ANY CIRCUMASTANCE rerlinquish any degree of control regardless of what any egotistical T says.
When I started my therapy, with an excellent therapist - there are many out there, I was out of control.

I was acting out, and generally a mess. I had no goals in life, no self esteem and I just drifted aimlessly through my life, no control of my life whatsoever.
So did I relinquish my 'control' ?

No. I don't believe I did, firstly I had to regain it, which I did with guidance from my therapist.
I had the answers inside of me, I just needed leading to them, and having them reinforced and explained as I found them for myself.

Now that I have a good level of control, and it's of my doing and my responsibility I'm finding it both possible and beneficial to relinquish that control at different times to various people.

I trust myself to trust others.

Dave

#39074 - 06/19/03 09:31 AM Re: No-one can relate...even here??!
Tom S. Offline

Loc: Nashville, Tn
Godsrabbit;

God is in control...we are not...whether you choose to relinquish control to a therapist or to God, the fact is accepting that you are not capable of changing the past, only embracing a future in which there is hope...

Perhaps I was unclear, and you are correct. We must allow God the opportunity to work in our lives if we are to be free, and only God can do this, and even quite possibly through what everyone here refers to as a 'T'. And, as you point out, that we can safetly relinquish control to God, since he is actually in control to start with. *But first you better know who God is* This is beyond the scope of the thread here, so I do not expound further, however thanx for the clarification and I stand corrected.
My point in all this is to make everyone aware that the 'T' profession is full of predators, and the likley hood of being abused again with a theraputic agenda that is sexual in nature is extremly high if the above fact is not strictly adhered to, because the first major step toward victimization is loss of control in the situation.
God can be trusted every time, but not every person, and the whole point of all this writng is that these 'T's are NOT God, and in many instances they are maladjusted individuals far worse off than you. This is what the profession wants to keep out of sight.
Personally, I believe it should be law that no individual could be counseled without at least one other individual in the counseling room with the client and therapist, ie: group therapy.
A pediphile is a pediphile; even if s/he has a Phd, and is liscensed in 7 states to practice counseling.

quote: 'In this time of ecenomic uncertainty, it is easy to see who is dedicated to health care, and wh is chasing bucks.'

Thanks again Godrabbit; Tom S.

#39075 - 06/19/03 12:21 PM Re: No-one can relate...even here??!
godsrabbit Offline

bless you tom,

praying for you....

#39076 - 06/19/03 01:31 PM Re: No-one can relate...even here??!
Tom S. Offline

Loc: Nashville, Tn
Quote:
Originally posted by godsrabbit:
bless you tom,

praying for you....
....and me for you Godsrabbit.

'and wherever 2 or more of them are gathered in my name, so shall I be'

Tom S.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.