Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441422 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#390745 - 03/25/12 11:33 PM *
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 04:49 PM)

#390755 - 03/26/12 02:04 AM Re: Finally Trying to Heal TRIGGER WARNING [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Hey brother,

I'm glad you found this place-there is a lot of healing and recovery taking place in these forums and resources for your journey on this site.

I hope you can find some comfort and safety and support here. It is yours to claim.

ďIt doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#390770 - 03/26/12 04:57 AM Re: Finally Trying to Heal TRIGGER WARNING [Re: Mountainous Buck]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hello dear SmalltownBoy, welcome to MS.
I'm sorry that you have so many problems because of abuse. There is certainly way to get better. We are all here with aim to gain that; it is possible, believe me!
Please consider to re-post this thread into introduction part of board, maybe other brothers survivors would find easier to greet you there.
With time you will be more familiar with things that are available here, anyway I wish to point you to chat session called Healing Circle, it is great thing, something like group therapy but held online, here are inputs:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=370348#Post370348
Please feel at home an keep us informed how are you!

Pero

PS I love your picture/avatar, that looks like really cool tomcat smile!

#390864 - 03/26/12 05:07 PM Re: Finally Trying to Heal TRIGGER WARNING [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
Welcome to MS, Smalltown. I'm so sorry for your terrible childhood experiences. I know how confusing it all can be. But I'm glad you've found this site, and I hope the time you spend here will be helpful to your recovery. Take some time to read posts and get acquainted. There are some great guys here who will truly understand and empathize with you. MS has been a great resource for me, as I live nowhere near a support group of any kind. Best of luck on your healing journey.

Peace,

John
About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#390865 - 03/26/12 05:09 PM Re: Finally Trying to Heal TRIGGER WARNING [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
BTW, I like your cat! He looks so cool!

wink
About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#390959 - 03/26/12 11:54 PM * [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

#391422 - 03/29/12 06:50 PM Re: Finally Trying to Heal TRIGGER WARNING [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
BillyTheKid Offline

Hi there, I am also new here. I have similar issues as it was my Step-Dad that used me most of my life and it just now ended (I am 18) and he always told me I was gay, but of course he used much more graphic language. I never understood why when he was doing those things I was gay but he was not. I realize now that in fact I am gay but have so far to go with coming to grips with this fact. I am no longer ashamed but I am confused. In just the few days I have been here, so many guys have already reached out to me, I know I found the right place for me. I hope you find this true as well for yourself. Hopefully we will chat or message sometime. Take care.

Billy

#391464 - 03/29/12 11:02 PM Re: Finally Trying to Heal TRIGGER WARNING [Re: BillyTheKid]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Welcome to MS BillyTheKid!
I' sorry to hear that you were abused by step-dad frown
I hope that you are now feeling good and going trough some recovery...
please why don't you also consider opening your thread in introduction part of board, maybe other brothers survivors would find easier to greet you there.
I hope to see you around!
Pero

#391481 - 03/30/12 12:17 AM * [Re: BillyTheKid]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

#391668 - 03/31/12 07:40 PM Re: Finally Trying to Heal TRIGGER WARNING [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
BillyTheKid Offline

Pero, thanks for the suggestion. I will write an introduction as soon as I get up the nerve. I want to but everytime I think of starting, I get all nervous and don't know what to say. I also am not the best writer, but I think you can see that, lol. I am working on it although and thanks for the encouragement.

Gary, thank you too for responding to me. I do think you understand what I am feeling. I, like you, do not want to change that I am gay, but I don't really know what that is to have a loving relationship that way. To me, all my sex was very painful and violent. I now sorta think that is what it takes to make me, you know get off, can I say that here, hope so. I don't want it to be that way, but it just is and I want to change that.

Anyway, maybe I am talking in the wrong place on the site, I really am confused. Thanks for listening man.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.