Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63177 Topics
441781 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#390445 - 03/23/12 09:28 PM New Children's Book Series About Abuse
livelovelaugh Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Hello all! I am excited and proud to announce that a publisher has finally agreed to move forward with publishing a planned series of children's books about abuse and recovery. My goal is to write a series of books dealing with various abuse and recovery topics to help children and adults alike understand and cope with their feelings and life decisions based on their abuse, so they do not feel as isolated, confused or alone. Everyone wants validation. The first book to be released in another four months or so (I will give update details) will be called What Is Love? and outlines a young boy speaking to his therapist about what love meant to him as a "victim" of abuse and what love comes to mean as he discovers that he is a "survivor". I have attached an outline draft manu>

#390448 - 03/23/12 09:40 PM Re: New Children's Book Series About Abuse [Re: livelovelaugh]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
made me cry

and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#390449 - 03/23/12 09:48 PM Re: New Children's Book Series About Abuse [Re: traveler]
livelovelaugh Offline

Thank you traveler, for your comment. The real aim of my series is to touch the hearts of those who have been affected by abuse and allow that emotional release or mindful awareness of where they have come from and risen above.

#390452 - 03/23/12 09:56 PM Re: New Children's Book Series About Abuse [Re: livelovelaugh]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

you avoided the awkwardness of being too physically graphic very well and showed the inner hurt in a very real way. it wouldn't traumatize kids who have not had the experience - but will definitely speak to - maybe even trigger thse who have...
Lee

#390453 - 03/23/12 10:05 PM Re: New Children's Book Series About Abuse [Re: traveler]
livelovelaugh Offline

Thank you, Lee. It is so nice to hear that you feel I have done well in conveying a very difficult subject in as friendly, but as real a way as I can to offer both a non-threatening story with a personal connection to those who can relate to it. It is validating knowing that almost a year of work, believe it or not, has shown through. Thank you!

#390454 - 03/23/12 10:20 PM Re: New Children's Book Series About Abuse [Re: livelovelaugh]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Please let us know details of publisher, date of release, etc.
I will buy a copy for our school, church, every one of my neices and nephews and some day - grandchildren - i hope.
Lee

#390468 - 03/24/12 02:33 AM Re: New Children's Book Series About Abuse [Re: livelovelaugh]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Sounds good. Like to read them. I don't remember my childhood. I've look at pics from then and wonder who that person was.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#390847 - 03/26/12 03:37 PM Re: New Children's Book Series About Abuse [Re: phoenix321]
livelovelaugh Offline

Thank you for all that have read and posted comments. Please let me know what you think if you have read the story. Your feedback improves my ability to help others.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.