Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
2 registered (WriterKeith, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63212 Topics
442011 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#390431 - 03/23/12 07:54 PM Recovery from depression (sexual abuse uncovered)
atlanticcoast Offline

I joined this forum last week. I'm going to try and keep a blog of what's happening for me. As I said in the introduction I discovered I was sexually abused in early childhood while undergoing therapy for depression. I have been in therapy for many years and have done a lot of holotropic breathwork which has helped me a great deal. I am currently on a double holotropic breathwork weekend. I had a very powerful breathwork session today. My birth process and the sexual abuse came up for me as usual. I seem to be dealing with both of them together. It was quite painful but I have come through it and feel quite good now. I'm doing another breathwork tomorrow.
Slán

#390436 - 03/23/12 08:37 PM Re: Recovery from depression (sexual abuse uncovered) [Re: atlanticcoast]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Slan,

It is great to hear of your progress. I look forward to hearing how your day goes tomorrow.

I will look up holotropic breathwork as I have never heard of it before.

Peace,
Avery

#390528 - 03/24/12 01:10 PM Re: Recovery from depression (sexual abuse uncovered) [Re: Avery46]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Atlantic,
it is great to hear some news about your progress.
Keep informing us, I would also like to hear more about holotropic breathwork, how does it work?
Be Well and Slán to you smile !
Pero

#390638 - 03/25/12 12:28 AM Re: Recovery from depression (sexual abuse uncovered) [Re: atlanticcoast]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
Excellent work and keep up with that blog! It is amazing how therapeutic writing can be, not to mention how helpful it is in reminding you of just how far you have come : )

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.