Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
7 registered (1islandboy, I Want 2 Thrive, 4 invisible), 63 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62493 Topics
438015 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#389607 - 03/17/12 04:14 PM a
lbcali1978 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by lbcali1978 (04/16/13 05:56 AM)

Come home

I said

I'm confused and alone

They said

We understand

I found out they don't

I'll walk the path exactly how I've always done it

Alone

#389761 - 03/19/12 04:24 AM Re: *Trigger Warning* Why Do I Keep Doing It? [Re: lbcali1978]
philistine Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oregon
Sound like you want a friend, sounds reasonable.
Someone to hold you is a bit more difficult, but still a possibility.
Craigslist ads for someone to come over and cuddle may not be the best way to go about it.

In the end, it sounds like you want someone to care for you, a pretty basic human need. It is, however, easier said than done.

"No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself" - Nietzsche

#390079 - 03/21/12 04:01 PM Re: *Trigger Warning* Why Do I Keep Doing It? [Re: philistine]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Hi lbcali,

Thank you for writing your note, and for describing very similar issues I've had all my life.

Have you read any literature on childhood sexual abuse and its effects on adults? One really great book is "Victims No Longer" by Mike Lew. Also "Beyond Betrayal". Both these books go into great detail explaining exactly WHY we do what we do.

You describe just wanting a friend, and inviting a total stranger over to "just cuddle" while watching a movie.

Survivors tend to get love/sex/intimacy confused. Cuddling with a complete stranger *IS* confusing to read. This is **VERY** common among survivors - (myself included) - that we say we just want friendship, and then initiate very intimate / physical gestures under the guise of wanting friendship and to be close. And cuddling with a complete stranger is a serious mixed message.

Don't beat yourself up. You're a survivor and behaving as most survivors do, and doing the best with what you understand about how to relate with others.

I strongly recommend getting either of the books above, it will help you immensely with understanding the nature of what we all have in our lives.

D

-- I must remind myself that sugar is my enemy. I can't control my sugar consumption and sugar makes me mentally unstable. I'm reminding myself (because I forgot again).

#390137 - 03/21/12 10:56 PM " [Re: Magellan]
lbcali1978 Offline
MaleSurvivor

"

Edited by lbcali1978 (04/25/13 02:10 AM)

Come home

I said

I'm confused and alone

They said

We understand

I found out they don't

I'll walk the path exactly how I've always done it

Alone

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.