Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, JW1230, 2 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64197 Topics
447996 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#389934 - 03/20/12 02:03 PM Graham James gets a slap on the wrist (two years)
ShortedDiode Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON Canada
Graham James' sentencing hearing happened and all he got was two years of jail time.
Toronto Star: Graham James sentenced to two years

To top it off, this is the second time he's been convicted of child sexual abuse and been sent to jail. The last time he pleaded guilty to 350 sexual assaults of hockey players and got sentenced to 3.5 years of jail.

The statement from the victims is well written and very much worth reading.
Joint statement on sentence

I'm not clear if the sentence is for two full years or if it technically read two years less a day. The one day difference is critical in Canada because jail sentences two years or more are served in a federal penitentiary but under two years are served in a provincial jail.

I'm truly disappointed with the sentence. Two years is a slap on the wrist at best. I don't know why these two year sentences are so common. The perp who lived next door also got a two year sentence but that was later increased to four years when the crown attorney appealed it.

#389959 - 03/20/12 07:21 PM Re: Graham James gets a slap on the wrist (two years) [Re: ShortedDiode]
Anthony39 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Montreal, Canada
What a fucking joke that is. Yeah my coach would get a few months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM213aMKTHg

#390030 - 03/21/12 10:55 AM Re: Graham James gets a slap on the wrist (two years) [Re: Anthony39]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
*shaking head*

I think this quote from a tweeter sums it up

"Graham Jamesís two-year sentence sends a powerful message: it isnít worth it for abuse victims to summon strength to tell police"

Yep, its a slap on the wrist for James but a slap in the face to Todd Holt and Theo Fluery.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#390147 - 03/21/12 11:29 PM Re: Graham James gets a slap on the wrist (two years) [Re: onlyakid]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
This, after he was paroled and later secretly pardoned for the offenses against Sheldon Kennedy.... What's all this aboot, Canada?

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.