Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63208 Topics
441978 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#389929 - 03/20/12 01:38 PM Admiration For Catholic Church PLUMMITS
Marinan Offline

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/19...p;ncid=webmail2

Shocking reports have surfaced that reveal at least ten teenage boys were castrated in the 1950s by the Dutch Roman Catholic Church as a "treatment" for homosexuality, the Telegraph reports.

Dutch journalist Joep Dohmen, reporting for the NRC Handelsblad uncovered ten cases of the castrations, one of which was suffered by Henk Heithuis, who was castrated as a minor for reporting to police sexual abuse by a priest that he endured while in the boarding home.

Although the priests were convicted of the abuses, Heithuis was still transported to a Catholic hospital, and underwent a surgical castration as a treatment for homosexuality and, according to the report, a punishment for tattling on the clergy.

Radio Netherlands Worldwide reports that the new information wasn't included in the large Deetman Commission report published three months ago on sexual abuses in the church -- and furthermore -- that the commission received a complaint about the castrations last year, but claimed there was a "lack of sufficient leads" to warrant an investigation.

The reports also uncovered minutes of official meetings held in the 1950s, which revealed directors of the Catholic institutions deciding parents did not need to be involved in decisions -- even with minors, Dutch News reports. They also proved government officials were present in meetings where the castrations were discussed.

The Deetman Commission, led by Wim Deetman, was founded by the Catholic church in 2010 following widespread reports of sexual abuse in the church. In their report, the commission found the number of victims who grew up in church institutions to be between 10,000 and 20,000.

Photos of Henk Heithuis, curtesy of the Family Rogge, originally posted in a Omroep Brabant report.

#390146 - 03/21/12 11:26 PM Re: Admiration For Catholic Church PLUMMITS [Re: Marinan]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
How can one's admiration for the Catholic church plummet, when it's already six feet under?

#390149 - 03/21/12 11:52 PM Re: Admiration For Catholic Church PLUMMITS [Re: unhappycamper]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Here's why:

Puffer

#390298 - 03/23/12 02:34 AM Re: Admiration For Catholic Church PLUMMITS [Re: pufferfish]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
I was Catholic.

I quit when I saw the Catholic bunch decide to file bankruptcy and/or ignore the problem, refuse to report pedophile priests to the cops, and spent millions on lawyers so they didn't have to do their required duty to help those they hurt. But, Pope Nazi Youth can buy his own damn cologne and sit up there telling people to be generous to the racket called the catholic church and bash consumerism all at the same time. Pope Cover-up is what he is. And, he did it with Pope John Paul's approval. A disgrace to the all that he claims is holy. It is a big business with dogma. That's all it is. It's high time ALL churches pays taxes on all their businesses. Books, stores, restaurants, stadiums, etc.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#390306 - 03/23/12 04:48 AM Re: Admiration For Catholic Church PLUMMITS [Re: phoenix321]
mike13 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California USA
Maybe it is time for the church to file for morale bankruptcy. They are already bankrupt in every other way possible.

#390475 - 03/24/12 03:22 AM Re: Admiration For Catholic Church PLUMMITS [Re: mike13]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Originally Posted By: mike13
Maybe it is time for the church to file for morale bankruptcy. They are already bankrupt in every other way possible.

Word.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#401002 - 06/20/12 07:38 AM . [Re: Marinan]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island

Edited by Life's A Dream (01/12/13 09:55 PM)

#401005 - 06/20/12 07:48 AM Re: Admiration For Catholic Church PLUMMITS [Re: phoenix321]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I totally agree. It is not just the institution but the blind sighted followers who still deny the abuse. I just heard a mother tell a child someone near to them was a liar. They laughed--makes one wonder what values are being taught. Telling the child the abuse did not occur nor did it have any affect on the victim. Sadly, the victims continue to suffer and the church continues to deny much of what happened. I think those with a morsel of human dignity and compassion would see what the church allowed to happen and would extend a hand to the victims. But I have met some through SNAP but believe they are not the majority but the minority. Look at the recent civil case in California--parishoners rallied for the priest when he lost the civil case--but the perp fled to Ireland. He knows what he has done--and the people I am sad for them--if it was their child how would they react and more importantly feel hearing people say their child was a liar. I think so many are lying to themselves about abuse and it affects on the victim and more importantly how their words force the victim to relive and rebury the abuse.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.