Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 61 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62510 Topics
438086 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#389669 - 03/18/12 03:15 AM Here I go again...
Porrick Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: San Francisco CA
I am so incredily frustrated with myself. I have been unable to break a pattern that I have held since my earliest memory of abuse.

I start to feel a little less tense around other people and may even start to trust a very select few a little bit. In evitably they do or say something stupid or insensitive and I slam the gate down and go right back to mistrusting everyone and basically becoming even more lonely because I hate people all over again and assume they will all hurt anybody who has something they want.

It's self-sabotage and I hate it because it's been keeping me in a very paranoid ivory tower. Sometimes knowledge of the affliction ISN'T enough to prevent it's onset. So if anyone else feels like this... just know you're not alone.

I'd rather die trying to affect change than sitting on my ass bitching about how terrible everything is. Critical people who never try to make things any better are just social parasites. The gene pool would be better off without their contributions.

#389692 - 03/18/12 11:31 AM Re: Here I go again... [Re: Porrick]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Sorry to hear this. Step back, walk away when you feel like closing down the gate--don't turn away those that are trying to help--yes there will be those who will try to sabotage your healing and you will know who they are by the constant and consistent things they say and do--but there are those with the smile, a gentle I am here for you, a shoulder to cry or vent on and yes these people will say things that may upset you, but they are only trying to help but like us they may be lost at times on how to express their concern and compassion. Just walk away and when level headed explain to them how their words hit you--and you need to think about what they were trying to truly say. It is hard because of the mistrust. But there are good people out there and you need them to help you.

But vent here we can listen because we have been there. Keep going and move ahead. You know the issue so now you can deal with it.

Good luck!!!

Edited by KMCINVA (03/18/12 03:55 PM)

#389706 - 03/18/12 02:51 PM . [Re: KMCINVA]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island

Edited by Life's A Dream (01/12/13 11:18 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.