Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (JW1230, petercorbett, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64167 Topics
447767 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#388651 - 03/07/12 07:59 PM Men are Expendable
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
I was turned down for help with my health problems by a group of doctors on Monday. They didn't say why. They didn't have to. Several told me you're not female and you're not a kid is real why. I'm glad those docs do that for women and kids but it begs the question: are men just expendable? Am I? I was told that a lot when I grew up. He just used the word "worthless." I still believe it. This "no" just made it even more believable. It took forever for them to even consider me. It took a year for that. Not even a kind turn down either. "They turned you down. I gotta go." Exact words. No, I'm sorry they turned you down. Just "they turned you down." Not in person either. Phone call.

I saw a new story on CNN today and it talked about some poor illegal alien with good grades in high school they were deporting. Her lawyers (yeah, lawyers, plural) lamented how bad the government was being to her and she might not get to go to Harvard, her dream. I said, "Are you fucking kidding me????" How much are the taxpayers gonna shell out for some illegal alien to go to Harvard??? They told me I don't matter. I'm a citizen. I worked full-time and went to college full-time. I busted my ass to get something then lost everything (in last 5 years) and her lawyers are bitching because they want to deport her and not let her go to Harvard. Excuse me, but how is that my fucking problem??? (Note: Obama kicked out more than Bush ever thought of doing so.)

I ain't the only one this happens to. There are millions like me. It sucks. But, why is she getting a fucking Harvard education and not a citizen? I don't care if she's paying for it. She's not paying for it either. Taxpayers will. She's an illegal. Hey, her lawyers, where was my fucking help when I was working and going to college full-time? No offense, but this illegal alien cried on camera about her dreams and them kicking her out. They decided not to. Why the hell not?

I don't want to be mean to this high schooler, but why should my hard-earned money go to put her through Harvard? Why should Social Security keep her up when she paid nothing into it?Because she's a woman with good grades? Give me a fucking break. I was an A student and got nothing. I'm a citizen and got nothing. Hell, I can't even get Social Security disability and I have fully paid into it. Not only are men expendable in this example that goes on all the time I'm sure, we're also not as valuable as an illegal alien's life. All I can say is "Fuck Me!" I'm sure her lawyers would say it to me. The docs that refused to help me did.

Edited by phoenix321 (03/07/12 08:03 PM)

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#388652 - 03/07/12 08:10 PM Re: Men are Expendable [Re: phoenix321]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Phoenix - you are totally RIGHT!
I know that doesn't help your situation, but...
Wish i had more practical help to offer.
Lee

Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#388653 - 03/07/12 08:22 PM Re: Men are Expendable [Re: traveler]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

There is so so much broken and unfair in this country. Forget the whole world, just here in America Alone. It's a mess.

I'm sorry you were turned down. It's not right or fair. I'm finding more and more that this society does view men as being at least not as important as women if not "expendable" altogether as you put it.

#388674 - 03/07/12 10:55 PM Re: Men are Expendable [Re: JustScott]
phoenix321 Offline

Originally Posted By: JustScott
There is so so much broken and unfair in this country. Forget the whole world, just here in America Alone. It's a mess.

I'm sorry you were turned down. It's not right or fair. I'm finding more and more that this society does view men as being at least not as important as women if not "expendable" altogether as you put it.

Thanks, Scott & Traveler. It was just ironic that I, the citizen, got told, no to life-saving medical treatment, and an illegal alien got told, yes to a $40,000 a year college. I also get to deal with the emotions of my hopes being dashed because an illegal alien got her's. It's not that simple, but it doesn't make it any less true. How can I believe I'm not "worthless" when the fact of the matter is--Oh, it's true. It's damn true.

Edited by phoenix321 (03/07/12 10:58 PM)

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#388676 - 03/07/12 11:15 PM Re: Men are Expendable [Re: phoenix321]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Phoenix,

I agree with you. I "see" your point. Women and children do get more sympathy than men. It has always been woman and children first.

Men are denied services. Men do not get the monies for abuse issues here for which the state sets aside for ALL survivors.

I am angry about this as well as you.

Avery

#388679 - 03/07/12 11:23 PM Re: Men are Expendable [Re: phoenix321]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Dear Phoenix you are not worthless, no way!
Circumstances are extremely difficult and I'm so down by not seeing any hope for your health issues. I can't imagine how you are coping, it must be damn hard.
Dear friend you are rarely seen gem. You are special person and I know that you deserve better treatment by those "more money making less helping/treating" doctors.
Belive me you are valuable person!

Many of us here are aware of that. No one in all this shallow world, galaxy and universe could make me think different, no one!

Hang on there, brother (((((Phoenix)))))

#388699 - 03/08/12 02:06 AM Re: Men are Expendable [Re: peroperic2009]
phoenix321 Offline

Originally Posted By: Avery46
Phoenix,

I agree with you. I "see" your point. Women and children do get more sympathy than men. It has always been woman and children first.

Men are denied services. Men do not get the monies for abuse issues here for which the state sets aside for ALL survivors.

I am angry about this as well as you.

Avery

Avery, I just want what I'm entitled to since I PAID FOR IT! If I get what I want in that, the world can go to hell as far as I care. I'm not out to hurt anyone whatsoever but I ain't out to help anyone much anymore either. No energy to. That may sounds shitty, but, fuck it, I deserve some peace and quiet. Thank you, Avery.

Originally Posted By: peroperic2009
Dear Phoenix you are not worthless, no way!
Circumstances are extremely difficult and I'm so down by not seeing any hope for your health issues. I can't imagine how you are coping, it must be damn hard.
Dear friend you are rarely seen gem. You are special person and I know that you deserve better treatment by those "more money making less helping/treating" doctors.
Belive me you are valuable person!

Many of us here are aware of that. No one in all this shallow world, galaxy and universe could make me think different, no one!

Hang on there, brother (((((Phoenix)))))

Hey, Igor, thank you for the hug and calling me special. I'm sure it means something deep down inside; I just don't believe it. I never did. In person, I hate compliments. I knew from the beginning they'd say, no. Just knew it.

When they told me how sick I am and it would kill me, weights dropped off my shoulders. Literally felt 1,000 pounds lighter. It was like they said, "this hell is almost over." I always knew things would get worse (and rarely better) and, if I had any peace, it be taken sooner rather than later. I never counted on or took much anything granted.

Say I get it fixed, why? It would just be another 20-30 years of meager existing, living in fear, probably poor (or worse, homeless). I'd still be lonely and what new hell could "life" throw at me then? The healing, and I don't believe in it for me, should've happened when I spent a fortune on (incompetent) shrinks. My mistake was not staying a total fake and living with being totally superficial. No offense to you, but I don't feel much, at all really. Emotions are nothing but a weakness to me. No offense to you or anyone else. That's how I've felt for 40 years.

Thanks, Pero. You're a peach.

The article on this high schooler. She's in Florida. Oh, my, nice to know all the taxes I've paid and are paying kept her in style. If they did it for citizens, I'd say, more power to her. A lot of us, especially men, don't get it handed to us on a silver platter. We don't even get thrown away with one. Must be nice. Studying for school and not worrying about getting abused (emotional or physical).

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-honors-student-wins-reprieve-deportation-001620548.html

Edited by phoenix321 (03/08/12 02:08 AM)

#388701 - 03/08/12 02:47 AM Re: Men are Expendable [Re: phoenix321]
Fidex Offline

I guess we're expected to take care of ourselves, since men are so much more capable and never abused. Of course that's not true but I suppose that's the perception, 'men don't need help'. Instead of being treated like people we're treated like- idk- something else. I think it's wonderful that women and children have access to so much support, and I think it's extremely unfortunate that men don't. Wouldn't it be nice if all people were treated as individuals.
I'm sorry you are experiencing this, most of us have and will continue to.
It's not the eighteen year old girl's fault any more than it's your fault, though.

#388702 - 03/08/12 03:17 AM Re: Men are Expendable [Re: Fidex]
phoenix321 Offline

Originally Posted By: Fidex
I guess we're expected to take care of ourselves, since men are so much more capable and never abused. Of course that's not true but I suppose that's the perception, 'men don't need help'. Instead of being treated like people we're treated like- idk- something else. I think it's wonderful that women and children have access to so much support, and I think it's extremely unfortunate that men don't. Wouldn't it be nice if all people were treated as individuals.
I'm sorry you are experiencing this, most of us have and will continue to.
It's not the eighteen year old girl's fault any more than it's your fault, though.

It's not her fault her parents brought her here illegally, used my taxes illegally, etc. It's her parent and relative's fault and damn sure our politician's fault. How much you want to bet my tax dollars are paying her USA-hating lawyers too? People I've known in Miami for years say the same thing: illegal aliens have ruined Miami and turned it into one huge crime zone. Like her, they have no problem using OUR services then pitching a hissy fit when we want to kick their asses out. I say, too fucking bad. Illegals have no problem taking services for citizens with the intention of never paying it back. Ask Texas and Arizona and Californians, etc. how nice it is to roll out the red carpet for illegals there then get spit in the face for doing it.

Unlike this girl, I worked hard all my life except the last 3 years (sick and din't know) losing my life savings, losing my health, always paying taxes, not committing crimes, etc. so I could have the privilege of see my stuff go to another person that ain't even a citizen.

This is NOT a tirade against anyone. It's a tirade against illegal aliens taking what we paid for to help ourselves then giving us the finger afterwards. I don't care what color their skin is or what nationality they are. Sorry your home country sucks, but how is that my problem? is what should be said.

Tell some high school kid that's a citizen she took their scholarship(s) and spot at Harvard. I bet 99% would be pissed off about it. And, that's what will happen.

Hell, it would just be nice if the government treated me and other citizens half of how well she is being treated. Must be nice to have a whole law firm working for her. Send her lawyers back first!

#388705 - 03/08/12 04:08 AM Re: Men are Expendable [Re: phoenix321]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Phoenix (C),
I know that you are furious and angry at the moment, no one could take that easily. I wish that my words have some power to make some change for better, but I'm powerless.
Words are plain words unless we give them some deeper meaning.
I know that you don't like compliments, emotions and such things but I do and I can't help myself. If I ever met you in real life (I hope some day I will) you'll get my hug in person no matter would you be cooperative or not wink .
Miracles are happening everyday and fortunately this world has own logic and rules, we human beings are nothing important. So what ever those doctors said outcome is unpredictable and please have some small small amount of hope left for your future. Please...
Could you think on some good stuff and some small things that you would like to achieve and you couldn't before. Take some time and let me know, I would be more than glad to give you some real support if I could do something. I wish I'm able to organize you some care here but unfortunately I can't do nothing in that respect.
I would be more than glad to do something which could at least make you feel beloved and not so lonely. Think would be helpful to send me your medical papers or at least some of them; I could try to find some doc here to discus it and to see how really bad situation is? Could that bring anything to you? I can't just sit peacefully with my laptop in front and reading about you and your terrible situation left without any hope...

Igor

Edited by peroperic2009 (03/08/12 04:17 AM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.