Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 65 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438129 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#412307 - 10/06/12 12:52 AM Re: Another lawsuit against the Boy Scouts [Re: Undefeated]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Hi Alan --

Having walked a mile or five in your shoes, I wish there was something I could do/say to turn it around. Best I can say is that our situations aren't dissimilar, though I'm having more success on the legal end.

It's not the preferred solution - they took their damn time getting in touch - but I did find T services thru a public agency addressing sexual abuse. I mention it as an option, however, because any diagnosis (PTSD, DID, depression, etc.) would help with a disability claim, another can of worms in itself.

#412335 - 10/06/12 10:56 AM Re: Another lawsuit against the Boy Scouts [Re: pufferfish]
Undefeated Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
Puffer,

I am 54. My Doctor sent me to a Psychiatrist for a one-time evaluation. He wanted to put me on meds for depression, which I refused. I don't like the idea of becoming dependent on them, plus I have a feeling I am the type of personality that might become even more suicidal on them. Anyway, in the session we discussed mental disability. He told me that it's nearly impossible to get that now, unless someone is hospitalized for the mental disability. I don't have any resources to keep seeing the Psychiatrist or any kind of therapist.

Alan

#412336 - 10/06/12 10:57 AM Re: Another lawsuit against the Boy Scouts [Re: Lancer]
Undefeated Offline

Thanks Lancer. I am glad you are having more success with the legal end of things. I hope you get a good judgement to help you get all the therapy you need.

Therapy/counseling is what's needed most for all of us, otherwise it's tough to do the things normal people do, like have enough confidence in ourselves and our own self-worth to hold down a job. I guess some survivors manage to become narcissists as a mechanism to cope with the poor self-image and function. I don't know what's worse, being as I am with no sense of self-worth, or being a narcissist. wink

I went through the whole process of providing details about my abuse, work histories, education history and lists of everyone that could confirm the abuse and/or affects of it. I also had to compile a list of every job I ever had. Of course telling about the abuse was the most painful thing, but that list of nearly 50 jobs I have had (and quit) in my lifetime was very painful too. It hit me over the head like a ton on bricks, "FAILURE!, QUITTER!" frown All that background and the wicked Colorado statute of limitations keeps me from getting any help.

Alan

#412340 - 10/06/12 11:12 AM Re: Another lawsuit against the Boy Scouts [Re: Avery46]
Undefeated Offline

Avery,

How are you doing?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.