Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
8 registered (Sonata1, Banjo596, BraveFalcon, 5 invisible), 21 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12487 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447617 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#388319 - 03/05/12 02:55 AM Wondering if this could be related to CSA
Yerac Offline

Loc: Southern CA

#388322 - 03/05/12 03:56 AM Re: Wondering if this could be related to CSA [Re: Yerac]
traveler Online   confused
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Not that specifically - but i had other nervous tics - like scratching at my arms constantly till they bled and pulling out my eyelashes and biting at hangnails, etc.

Whether your nervous habit of lip-licking was caused by the CSA episodes directly or not, it is very likely that it was a reaction to stress in your life. It wouldn't surprise me though. I think that often kids who are abused will develop self-harming habits, some more serious than others.

Lee

Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#388323 - 03/05/12 04:08 AM Re: Wondering if this could be related to CSA [Re: traveler]
Dar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
I saw a lot of that where I grew up. It was very cold and dry and you lived with eiher chap stick or clown face as we called it from licking our dry ilps to the point of cracking and bleeding. Southern Cal may not have been cold, but maybe windy?

This was far before any kind of CSA took place for me.
I think that the licking of lips is more of what a lot of kids just do IMHO.

#388333 - 03/05/12 07:37 AM Re: Wondering if this could be related to CSA [Re: Dar]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

My neice does it, but hers is the result of the fact that she has Asperger's.

There's lots of potential causes of compulsive behaviors. CSA surely is one, but there are lots of possibilities.

#388340 - 03/05/12 09:44 AM Re: Wondering if this could be related to CSA [Re: Yerac]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
HI Yerac.

I compulsivly shred the skin off my cuticles and also of the heals of my feet. This happens mainly when I am triggered or upset. When I say I shred I mean I dig in and remove skin until it bleeds.

we do have crazy compulsions, but I did notice tat it was when I was triggered. Once I had worked out a lot of the triggers it got easier.

Hope this helps you

Heal well
Martin

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.