Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
2 registered (Obi, Bardo), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447690 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#38835 - 02/06/03 03:23 AM Re: A REAL Man
Chey-Wy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cheyenne, WY
Quote:
REAL WOMEN PUMP THEIR OWN GAS
My mother must NOT be a real Woman then. She always wants me to take her around town to run errands ..... and for some reason the car is always out of gas.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day. It said:

" If a man is in the woods alone .... and there is no woman around to hear him ..... Is he still wrong?"

Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb

#38836 - 02/06/03 02:15 PM Re: A REAL Man
RJD Offline

Loc: jefferson City, Mo,usa
I usually hold the door for whoever is behind me, just as a common courtesy. To hold the door just for women seems to go out of my way to suggest women are incapable.

I tend to echo guy 43's sentiments. The qualifying term "real' suggests to me that there is something I could lose if I make the wrong step. I know in my life I often misstep, and to lose my value because of it seems absurd, but I find I buy into that way of thinking all too easy. I strive for integrity, but it is not just men who should do that. When I fail, I fail, I'm not less human, or man, I'm all too human.

I like the idea of generating self-affirmations.

I like art and I like creating art, and it feels defensive if I have to say, 'real men' create art too.

I struggled all my life to re-own my balls and I don't want to be put in a mental position to even question my rightful ownership. It is how I was born, and for much of my life I felt I was a mistake. If I were born a girl, my mother could feel safer around me. I wouldn't have this erection thing to mortify me in front of her etc. etc. etc....

I've even seen women have to defend their just ownership of their own ovaries. I saw a woman courageously give up custody of her own son, who she had been physically abusing, for his own safety. The quality of her motherhood/ womanhood came into question. She was hammered with, "What kind of a woman could give up her own child." No one seemed to care what was happening to the boy. I think I wish she was my mother who loved me that much.

I was born a boy.

#38837 - 02/06/03 02:30 PM Re: A REAL Man
RJD Offline

I once heard the statement by a woman(In a humorous moment), "Real woman piss in the shower and aren't afraid to admit it."

I repeated this statement at work one day, and a fellow male employee said," I do that too!" My impulse was to say,"So, does that make you a real woman?"

But I knew better than to ask that question.

#38838 - 02/06/03 08:04 PM Re: A REAL Man
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
I was lost in LA looking for highway 5 and it was getting dark. I could tell it wasn't the best neighbourhood but eventually pulled the car over to ask 3 young guys leaning on car for directions. the big guy took my pen and put a cross on the map to show where we were.
I looked at the map and thought "So this is Watts"

Dave

#38839 - 02/06/03 08:55 PM Re: A REAL Man
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Quote:
I usually hold the door for whoever is behind me, just as a common courtesy. To hold the door just for women seems to go out of my way to suggest women are incapable.
Yes I agree, and from what I've observed a lot of women feel that way too. And men. I know I don't like doors being shut in my face.

Quote:
I tend to echo guy 43's sentiments. The qualifying term "real' suggests to me that there is something I could lose if I make the wrong step. I know in my life I often misstep, and to lose my value because of it seems absurd, but I find I buy into that way of thinking all too easy. I strive for integrity, but it is not just men who should do that. When I fail, I fail, I'm not less human, or man, I'm all too human.

I like the idea of generating self-affirmations.

I like art and I like creating art, and it feels defensive if I have to say, 'real men' create art too.
Yeah, I'm a man, and I'm the man I am.

Or as Popeye would say: "I yam's who I yam's and who I yam's who I yam's!"

"I'm Victor the Survivor! Toot Toot!"

(Just be glad you can't actually here me singing!)

Real men just do what they do, be who they are.

Quote:
I struggled all my life to re-own my balls and I don't want to be put in a mental position to even question my rightful ownership.
Well put my brotha! That is a classic line that will go down in the annals of MS lore! I love it!

Thanks bro!

Victor

#38840 - 02/06/03 09:03 PM Re: A REAL Man
Wuamei Offline

I once heard the statement by a woman(In a humorous moment), "Real woman piss in the shower and aren't afraid to admit it."

I repeated this statement at work one day, and a fellow male employee said," I do that too!" My impulse was to say,"So, does that make you a real woman?"

But I knew better than to ask that question.

-------------------------------------------------

" A Real man asks for directions when he is lost"

Is he a real man if he only asks women for directions,just curious,When i am lost, i go to my map book or to yahoo for directions,more accurate then asking someone else who leads you on a wild goose chase.That's just me but go right on ahead and ask for directions especially in New York City,see where it gets you> Roflmao

------------------------------------------------

I was lost in LA looking for highway 5 and it was getting dark. I could tell it wasn't the best neighbourhood but eventually pulled the car over to ask 3 young guys leaning on car for directions. the big guy took my pen and put a cross on the map to show where we were.
I looked at the map and thought "So this is Watts"

-------------------------------------------------

Hey RJD, Hammer & Dave:

You guys have got me ROFLMAO!

Thanks I needed that!

Victor

#38841 - 02/06/03 09:30 PM Re: A REAL Man
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Victor, do you know the name of one of Ju8dge Judy's books? It truly is DON'T PEE ON MY FOOT AND TELL ME IT'S RAINING!

Pissing in the shower---yuk!

#38842 - 02/07/03 12:00 AM Re: A REAL Man
Wuamei Offline

Yeah Bob...

...and what a book title! Gotta wonder what that one's about!

Victor

#38843 - 02/07/03 01:27 AM Re: A REAL Man
RJD Offline

maybe my co-worker should get together with Judge Judy on a shower date?

If you knew him you would know that would definately be an interesting pairing.

Matt, I've gone to mapquest to get directions to my house just to see what it would say, and it was just amazing how they had me going home. I would have never found it if I didn't know any better. The mapping was fine, but the written directions were just amazing.

#38844 - 02/07/03 08:00 AM Re: A REAL Man
Wuamei Offline

Quote:
maybe my co-worker should get together with Judge Judy on a shower date?

If you knew him you would know that would definately be an interesting pairing.
Tryin
to shake that picture out of my head! \:D

Quote:
Matt, I've gone to mapquest to get directions to my house just to see what it would say, and it was just amazing how they had me going home. I would have never found it if I didn't know any better. The mapping was fine, but the written directions were just amazing.
Adding that to my lists of reasons why this real man doesn't ask for directions...

Victor

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.