Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
4 registered (WriterKeith, mike1965, Ken Singer, LCSW, 1 invisible), 49 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63107 Topics
441321 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#385872 - 02/15/12 09:25 AM Re: Freaking Flag at half mast in PA.... [Re: LN3(SS)]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Man, the guy is dead. When do we move on with life? Seriously.

People act like this should be a perfect world where everyone does the exactly perfect and moral thing. Well, I hate to break it to some but it's not that kind of world. Seriously, when does that ever happen?

Do I think maybe he could've done more? Yes, but this isn't a perfect world, and at least he told *someone* in *some* fashion. There are many abuse victims here and everywhere who will never have anyone come forward for them -- and no one LITERALLY gives a crap that they were abused (like me for one).

Why not harp on those cases instead of beating a dead horse for, what, 5 months now? I hear more dang vitriol about Paterno than I do for Sandusky, who actually did the raping. How does that makes sense??

Maybe we should ask ourselves who we're really wanting punished? Who are we really this upset at in OUR lives? Maybe we shouldn't live vicariously through the Paterno case about our abuse.

I'm sorry for venting, but if I read another thing about Paterno I think my eyes will bleed. >.< Hugs to my MS family. I mean it. smile

#385889 - 02/15/12 11:10 AM Re: Freaking Flag at half mast in PA.... [Re: AndyJB2005]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations

Its not so much an examination of J. Inferno (don't want Andy's eyes to bleed - LOL)as it is an illustrative example of a human's duty to defend those in need of defense. Its a look at fundamental right and wrong.

Reading what Brian has to say about the state of the US Navy sickens me. My feeble mind interprets it into "right" decaying in oblivion and "wrongs" being embraced and accepted. This is a slippery slope for our society. If leaders are not going to enforce basic rules of order, we are cooked.

As for a ship of druggies; The Def Dept is allowing that as it does not take a lot of anything to slam every one of those shirkers in a brig after testing positive for anything. Purge the entire bloody ship. Hell, even a California School figured that shit out.

We have AMPLE TV ads to Save The Kittens, and I can't get one benefactor to fund CSA ads the way Canadians do. This nation is turning up-side-down.

Still's Globs

New Video

#385925 - 02/15/12 03:39 PM Re: Freaking Flag at half mast in PA.... [Re: Still]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
Sorry, Bri. I will not weep for Paterno. As a teacher, I had to report suspected abuse of one of my students. As soon as I told the administrator, LEGALLY, I had covered my ass. The difference between Paterno and me is I actually gave a shit for a childs safety and wellbeing. I hounded that administrator until I was sure it had been reported to CPS. Then I continued to hound her until I was assured that CPS had investigated the situation and come to some conclusion. I was a total pain in the ass to my boss. But not as much of a PAIN IN THE ASS as Sandusky was to those boys he raped, with Paterno's uncaring knowledge.

Peace,

John

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#385935 - 02/15/12 07:29 PM Re: Freaking Flag at half mast in PA.... [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

ANYONE (ANYONE...DUH....) who knows their arse from their elbow KNOWS (HE SAID "KNOWS"), that government employees rarely do sheite at all if not in an untimely manner. I've worked around state and fed slack-jawed fk-tards for 20 Earth years. I've not met ONE (not 1) who does shit effectively or in a timely manner.

You want to leave a little boy (or platoon of po-boys from Philly) to the lacking wit and wisdom of a seven-figure/year hack like Inferno?

Heck...this government can't even run a Naval Vessel without wide-spread drug problems. YEAH BABY!!!!! Let's trust a government hack to save the raped boy!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

God save us all. I'm gonna puke!!!

Still's Globs

New Video

#385995 - 02/16/12 08:10 AM Re: Freaking Flag at half mast in PA.... [Re: Still]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
In reality, Paterno continues to be attacked because he continues to be defended. Paterno is as guilty of a culture of the blind eye as any Catholic Bishop. The list of those that knew something and really did nothing is long and pervades Pedophile State University from the janitor to the president and includes the local law enforcement, prosecutors and judges. Paterno's crime is becoming aware and allowing nothing to be done.

True story that I know about Paterno that was a good deed but shows how the picture of a bewildered, naive saint is just not so. I went to a high school of national football reputation. Joe Paterno among others frequently made recruiting visits. Paterno was in with the HS coach in his office which is across the high school from the entrance and down a long basement hallway. The coach got a call from the office that a small college coach had just arrived and was headed down. The HS coach asked Paterno for a favor, if he could put in a good word for this kid who was a good player and person but not a top notch recruit. Paterno said sure and they continued to talk. They heard the door open at the end of the hall and Paterno got up in mid-sentence and stormed out yelling about not being able to meet with this kid. The small college coach asked who the kid was and the kid ended up with a full ride and a solid small college career.

That shows the good side but it also belies the fact that Paterno was fully capable of making sure something happened had he been of a mind to do so.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#386187 - 02/17/12 04:57 PM Re: Freaking Flag at half mast in PA.... [Re: catfish86]
Canuck Offline

Loc: CA, United States
I'm not so very impressed with the generally unsophisticated understanding on this board of why a CSA victim would be so virulently angry with "people" who fail to stop child molesters.

#386209 - 02/17/12 10:30 PM Re: Freaking Flag at half mast in PA.... [Re: Canuck]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Canuck
I'm not so very impressed with the generally unsophisticated understanding on this board of why a CSA victim would be so virulently angry with "people" who fail to stop child molesters.

Its called a complete lack of character and spine at best....or, its coddling a baby-rape enabler. Its pretty darn binary. Can't be anything but one or the other.

Still's Globs

New Video

#388150 - 03/03/12 07:56 AM Re: Freaking Flag at half mast in PA.... [Re: Still]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Saw an article on the New Orleans Saints facing disciplinary action for violating the bounty rule. The defensive coordinator orchestrated a pool of money that paid out for defensive hits that resulted in injury to players, sometimes even specific players.

This quote regarded the culpability of the head coach and illustrates what Paterno's sins are:

""Although head coach Sean Payton was not a direct participant in the funding or administration of the program, he was aware of the allegations, did not make any detailed inquiry or otherwise seek to learn the facts, and failed to stop the bounty program. He never instructed his assistant coaches or players that a bounty program was improper and could not continue," the NFL said."

For reference if you are curious:
Saints violated NFL bounty rule

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.