Newest Members
Collin, MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett
12507 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
2 registered (MissesMe, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12507 Members
73 Forums
64178 Topics
448030 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#387990 - 03/01/12 10:34 PM "little gifts"
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Rather than hijack another thread, (Am I the only one who can't cry) i'll start a new one because i think this is a great idea and could bring some very helpful responses...

Originally Posted By: LandOfShadow

You might think about how you might create something symbolic for the younger parts of you. ... You could carry some of those things around with you to honor that part of you and what was lost then. And perhaps reclaim those parts in the process. It would make a great series of posts here too: all the little gifts you create for your little boy, teen, young man self.

I have started carrying around a marble in my pocket. I loved marbles when i was a younger kid and collected lots of them. this one isn't one of those - but every time i put my hand in that pocket and feel that marble, it reminds me of some happier and simpler little bits of time in my past.

Thanks for the prompt, LoS!

Lee

Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#388000 - 03/01/12 11:14 PM Re: "little gifts" [Re: traveler]
Forexpreneur Offline

Loc: Uranus (hell no not yours. lol...
Wow. That is absolutely an awesome idea Lee. I have never thought of anything like that. God, I haven't thought of marbles in ages. I used to love them too.

On a side note, I've ran across the term "hijacking a post" a few times recently. What exactly does that mean? How does a person "hijack a post"?

Take care brother, and thanks for sharing that wonderful idea. smile

Alex

#388001 - 03/01/12 11:15 PM Re: "little gifts" [Re: traveler]
Forexpreneur Offline

Loc: Uranus (hell no not yours. lol...
Wow. That is absolutely an awesome idea Lee. I have never thought of anything like that. God, I haven't thought of marbles in ages. I used to love them too.

On a side note, I've ran across the term "hijacking a post" a few times recently. What exactly does that mean? How does a person "hijack a post"?

Take care brother, and thanks for sharing that wonderful idea. smile

Alex

#388048 - 03/02/12 09:24 AM Re: "little gifts" [Re: Forexpreneur]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Alex - To hijack a thread means that you go off on a side-track or tangent that leads the discussion away from the main purpose of the original post. it's considered poor manners - disrespectful to the person or people who are trying to stay on track and deal with the stated purpose. (Though i must admit i find many hijacks just as interesting as the original topic!) I loved the idea that Land of Shadows gave and i quoted - so i wanted to act on what he suggested - hence this thread - and now that i've successfully brought it full circle bnack to the original idea - you are not in danger of being accused of hijacking this thread! LOL (BTW - i love your sig quote - gotta use that at school! - ooops - i just almost hijacked this one again!)

Lee

Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#388073 - 03/02/12 01:32 PM Re: "little gifts" [Re: traveler]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
This is very interesting. Now I just have to think to myself what brings the good kid in me back.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.