Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
2 registered (Cthulhu, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63578 Topics
444190 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#387508 - 02/27/12 02:20 PM More evidence of cover-up by the church
Yerac Offline

Loc: Southern CA

#387664 - 02/28/12 06:41 PM Re: More evidence of cover-up by the church [Re: Yerac]
westchesterguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Westchester County NY

not shocking to me.

what is curious to me is "why" and look - at this stage i would as the same question of hassids. no different. hassidic jews cover up sexual abuse just as much as the catholics have. so what gives? why? who gains from this cover? who benefits?

#387740 - 02/29/12 06:26 AM Re: More evidence of cover-up by the church [Re: westchesterguy]
Dar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
what is curious to me is "why"

I have thought a lot about this and may have some idea's on your response. First off try to think like CSA had not happened to you when thinking about my idea's. (I know, very hard to do)

Scenario: You and your brother both work in your large family business that employees people under the age of 18 and has trived for many many years. Then you find out that your brother had been perping these younger certain employees.
What do you do?

1. Let everyone know about him?

2. Try to get him help?

3. If everyone around you did find out about your brother would you want to protect him?

4. Would you try to hide what happened to avoid almost certain collapse of your family business?

5. What if you found out that once you had removed your brother from being able to do any further harm to people, there was now another person perping in your business.

6. Now your secret is out! What do you do?

7. Were you wrong to try and protect what you loved? YES!

8. Would you do it again? Most likely not.

Once something starts the wrong way it is so very hard to stop the land slide of what was started.
Just like us survivors, we too tryed to hide our past and our acting out (some of us anyway)

There will always be people that want to destroy what you have and will hind site you to death, (Monday morning quater backs that always knows what play should have been used)

We have all made knee jerk reactions when faced with a tough problem to hide our mistakes. It is Human to do so.

The Church is no differant in my eyes, some Humans made bad choices at the start of all of this and like us had to find a way to open up about it once we were caught in the act.

Think about it then answer as if you were in the center of all of this.

Blessings

#387889 - 03/01/12 08:12 AM Re: More evidence of cover-up by the church [Re: Dar]
mike13 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California USA
A classic no win situation.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.