Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441422 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#396041 - 05/04/12 02:35 AM Re: Can I understand? [Re: TheTwoOfUs]
CruxFidelis Offline

Loc: NJ
Matthew, i feel a similar sense of both frustration and relief in therapy. on one hand, it is helpful to have a professional try and understand what I go through as an ASA male. He always says I'm the first ASA case he has ever had. Awesome. I feel like I'm in such good hands. But he does try.

It seems like no matter where we go as ASA men, we're in this position of being the "Speakers' Bureau" on the subject and we have to educate the very people who are supposed to help us.

- Saint John of the Cross

#396061 - 05/04/12 08:09 AM Re: Can I understand? [Re: JustScott]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Matthew and Crux,

I can easily add my voice to both of your statements concerning the therapeutic community. To me it has largely ignored males who are victims of sexual assault in their adult years.

Every therapist I have had in the past two decades has stated I was their first. My last would do research and call upon other colleagues in an effort to gain insight to help me. I will always respect and appreciate him for that.

I do get tired of educating those who are more educated than I am.

Daryl

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.