Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
6 registered (DannyT, Cthulhu, Drummer, 3 invisible), 45 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63116 Topics
441385 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#387722 - 02/29/12 02:07 AM .
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island

Edited by Life's A Dream (01/12/13 11:26 PM)

#387756 - 02/29/12 09:57 AM Re: Unable to fall asleep on my back [Re: Life's A Dream]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Yeah - i can be totally relaxed but not sleeping for a long time on my back, but to fall asleep i usually have to turn over on my side and curl inward or at least partially face down. I've thought about that - probly protecting the privates area - making it less accessible.

and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#387765 - 02/29/12 12:25 PM Re: Unable to fall asleep on my back [Re: traveler]
ShortedDiode Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON Canada
I've always slept on my front. The only times I ever manage to fall asleep on my back is if I've got a cold and I can't breathe while I'm sleeping on my front. Eventually I'll get tired enough and fall asleep on my back, but other than that one special scenario, I never sleep on my back.

#387771 - 02/29/12 01:28 PM Re: Unable to fall asleep on my back [Re: Life's A Dream]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Life's A Dream
This is a weird question but, does anyone else here find it impossible to fall asleep on your back (or any other particular position) despite the fact that it's not necessarily uncomfortable? In the past decade I've been able to fall asleep on my back maybe 3 or 4 times. I also seem to want to protect my throat or have nothing touching it.

Could it be that you have some deep fears of not being "safe" while on your back?

Puffer

#387783 - 02/29/12 02:08 PM Re: Unable to fall asleep on my back [Re: pufferfish]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

The nature of this forum may favor a focused context not necessarily relevant to the underlying issue. Remember to step back and consider the cause could be physiological. Rule out medical issues with a physician first (based on your symptoms he may well refer you to an ENT or suggest a sleep study).

Click my pic to see why I'm here

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.