Newest Members
micro44, m75, scorpus, anitab, NEGuy
12700 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bigmike (42), gandhi (49), JustWanttotalk (37), lakeguy (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (iaccus, smc1972, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12700 Members
75 Forums
65313 Topics
456744 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#387657 - 02/28/12 06:11 PM Exposure theripy for PTSD
little big man Offline

Loc: nevada
I go to Al Anon which is for the relitives or spouse of an alcoholic. It's too often confused as AA. Any way I've been taking risks and telling I was molested and letting people know when I am scared of them. I'm risking making mistakes and seeing that I don't get jumped on. I'm confronting things that make me scared, people. Thie first time I told to a meeting of 30 people I was scared the rest of the day and trying to figure out what people thought of me, worst case sceanario. But the next day I had no fear, no body shame, did not care what people thought of me. I'm finding exposure theripy works.
Confronting old tapes: I'm not crying to manipulate you, I am not lying about my abuse to get attension or cause trouble. I'm not a bad person, people will reject me, and the world is not a safe place. I am sticking my neck out, risking, and finding I don't get jumped on. In my childhood I was blamed, told I was a liar, abandoned by my relitives as a liar, and told when I cry that Iwas just trying to make people feel sorry for me i.e. manipulate. Imagine that a child in pain and crying and parents tell you your just trying to make people feel sorry for you. My crying today happens when I don't want to cry. So I should not feel quilty when I cry. Confronting my programing lets me see even more how whacked my parents were.
I have ptsd. Social security believs me, victims of crime believes I have it and also belives me when I say I was molested. That is new to me as no relitives ever believed me. But I called victims of crime and they believed me right when I said it without proff or me trying to convince them. I get my theripiy paid for from them. So unusual to be beleived right from the start, to the point of them spending money to help me. Should I not been beleved by relitives and had them help me? I'm not a liar and people don't think I would lie about this. Sucha different world new and strange.

Edited by little big man (02/28/12 06:37 PM)
There is the Thinker and with meditation, the one who watches the Thinker. Get to know the one who watches the thinking. The mind is inherantly pure, we can always go there. An empty mind is a ready mind, it is ready for anything.

#387666 - 02/28/12 06:45 PM Re: Exposure theripy for PTSD [Re: little big man]
F.A. Offline

Loc: United States
Great!

To be sick is to be fragmented. To be healed is to become whole, and to become whole one must be in harmony with family, friends, and nature" -Navajo-
Blog: http://csafresno.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/CSAFresno
My Story: http://tinyurl.com/78upvvu

#387679 - 02/28/12 07:53 PM Re: Exposure theripy for PTSD [Re: F.A.]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Good messages you're giving yourself - and GREAT that you're starting to BELIEVE them.

((((((((((Little Big Man))))))))))

Lee

"That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. . . What will your verse be?" Robin Williams as John Keating in "Dead Poets Society"

#387684 - 02/28/12 08:26 PM Re: Exposure theripy for PTSD [Re: traveler]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
((((Little Big Man)))))))

Safe hugs brother!!! I am happy for you that this therapy is working for you.

What is exposure therapy?

Avery

Edited by Avery46 (02/29/12 03:21 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.