Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
6 registered (pete1973, don64, 4 invisible), 50 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63112 Topics
441356 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#386756 - 02/21/12 09:30 PM awaken the man within
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
I am a grown man who is courageous, strong, compassionate, and thoughtful. I have survived horrors beyond comprehension. I made it out of childhood. I have the features of a grown man - shave my face, have very little hair on my head, have hair... - well you get the picture.

When I first started on this journey of healing I read a book called "healing the child within". I nurture the little boy within - like go the park or buy my favorite ice cream. While I still do things that nurture the little boy within me, I know I need to "awaken the man within" me.

I want to take the courage, the strength, the compassion and the thoughtfulness I needed to survive a horrific childhood to "awaken the man within me". I have traits within me to build on awaking the man within me.

As I begin the process of awaking the man within me, I am curious to know what my brothers here have done to awaken the man within yourselves.

What have you done to awaken the man within you? What are your thoughts on awaking the man within you?

Avery

#386765 - 02/21/12 10:33 PM Re: awaken the man within [Re: Avery46]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Powerful concept, Avery!

Yeah - i too need to connect and build a bridge to the man i could have been - or am meant to be - maybe as much or more than the lost child.

As it is, I am just existing in a grey limbo that is neither a state of innocence nor maturity - but a half-completed person - not even fully a MAN.

This makes sense to me in a very deep way. I want to know more. But don't know how to do it. Hope others will weigh in on this one, too.

PREVAIL!
Lee

and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#386864 - 02/22/12 11:42 PM Re: awaken the man within [Re: Avery46]
ALIVE 3n1 Offline

Loc: Throne Room of God
Avery,

I can only speak from what I have done.

The first question that I ask myself each morning is "Who am I?" When I answer this question it forces me to think about my identity.

The second question that I ask myself is "What is my purpose?" This is where I identify what my overall goal is.

The third question is "How am I going to achieve my purpose?" This is where I get to apply action. This is where the rubber meets the road.

I have been doing this in my head for quite a while, but I had to verbalize them for an exercise 2 weeks ago. I hope this helps.

Depending on the individual, this can be as shallow or as deep as the person wants to take it.

#387675 - 02/28/12 07:41 PM Re: awaken the man within [Re: ALIVE 3n1]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks Lee and Alive,

I really appreciate your replies. I am all ears when it comes to learning techiques to empower the man within me.

I have no idea how to answer the above questions.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.