Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63852 Topics
445852 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#416708 - 11/20/12 12:45 PM Re: I published my book [Re: BuryingJack]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
First, I must say that I totally "dig" the title. I had no idea, that I was so uncomfortable in my own skin. I drank for oblivion and pretty much found it, losing all sense of self in the process..."Nice to Meet Me" in my survivor opinion is a totally awesome title...

Now I must say that I found this book, highly triggering. Ironically not because of anything that was said. (truthfully, I believe you took every attempt to write this book in a non triggering fashion). I just found it so highly personable, I couldn't help but find myself delving into the comparison/contrasting of my own story.

That being said, none of this really matters as I am far enough into my recovery, where I am into the desensitization of triggers, when stuff like that shows up on my radar.

I must confess that I am just a little bit jealous as I have often fantasized about writng my own book.

To sum it all up, "it was just what I needed" and "I thoroughly enjoyed this book."

Best of You (Foo Fighters)

island

#416795 - 11/21/12 08:28 AM Re: I published my book [Re: BuryingJack]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Got a Kindle copy, ready to e-read it!

John

#418179 - 12/04/12 04:57 PM Re: I published my book [Re: BuryingJack]
BuryingJack Offline
MaleSurvivor

Island - thank you for your feedback. My greatest fear in writing the book was that someone may be triggered unnecessarily - but after careful thought, I felt the content was overall very positive and helpful, so I pushed on. I hope you keep considering writing your book - the greatest hurdle is committing to it and staying on track (at least that was mine!) My best to you. Chris

#422787 - 01/21/13 03:11 AM Re: I published my book [Re: BuryingJack]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
bump, let's keep this thread alive, book is great wink

Pero

#425264 - 02/14/13 09:29 AM Re: I published my book [Re: BuryingJack]
jay75 Offline

Thanks for the bump Pero. I would not have seen it otherwise. This book is now at the top of my reading list.

-Jay-

#425271 - 02/14/13 11:37 AM Re: I published my book [Re: BuryingJack]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: BuryingJack
Hello all -

... I've spent the last year writing a book about my journey through therapy for seven years of CSA. I wanted to write a book to document what therapy is like, for those people who either had negative experiences or who didn't feel like therapy was for them. I have had a mostly positive experience in my two years of therapy. What I learned might be a great way for others to have a glimpse into a therapy session, without having to sit in one themselves....

The book is called Nice To Meet Me. If you want to check it out, please go to [page is no longer available]
Chris

I read your book. I recommend it highly.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (02/14/13 11:39 AM)

#425491 - 02/16/13 03:09 PM Re: I published my book [Re: BuryingJack]
BuryingJack Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi everyone. Pero, Jay and Puffer, thanks for keeping the thread going!

Wanted to update everyone on the best links for the book, since I pulled the original website down as I prepare to launch a new site.

You can get it from Amazon here (in Paperback and for Kindle):
http://www.amazon.com/Nice-To-Meet-Chris...nice+to+meet+me

And here, for all other eReaders:
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/115150

Also, 1in6.org was kind enough to offer the book to those who don't have the means to pay for it through their lending library. http://1in6.org/men/books-films/mens-stories-memoirs/

Thanks for the feedback and so glad that people are finding the book helpful.

Chris

#425877 - 02/19/13 06:40 PM Re: I published my book [Re: BuryingJack]
jay75 Offline

Chris,

I purchased your book last night on my NOOK and I only have 40 pages left to read.
I really wish I had found this book sooner, you nail every emotion I have ever felt and validated (as so many here on MS have) my emotional state. I want to take this opportunity to thank you for publishing your journal. For someone like myself that is not in therapy it has shed light on what expectations I should have in a "T" when I get one.

I admire your courage, and for sharing your incredible journey.
All the best to you and your family.

-Jay-

#428593 - 03/21/13 09:41 AM Re: I published my book [Re: BuryingJack]
BuryingJack Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you, Jay! So good to hear and my best to you in your recovery!

Chris

#428594 - 03/21/13 09:49 AM Re: I published my book [Re: BuryingJack]
BuryingJack Offline
MaleSurvivor

So, I wrote another book.

This one's different. It's fiction. A story about a man who returns from service in Afghanistan and finds himself in a situation where he suspects a boy is being abused. It's the first book in a series, and the entire goal of the series will be to share a lot of the ways pedophiles work, the problems that children have in combating predators, and the laws that make it difficult to bring these abusers to justice.

I wrote the book to a much broader audience, not survivors specifically. I want to get a larger audience to better understand how far-reaching abuse is and the impacts it has on so many of our young people (who then become adults).

I did my best to eliminate any specific abuse situations, but there may be some triggering content as I detail the way the pedophile works.

It may not be for everyone, but it may be a great read for some of you. Just thought I'd share.

If you're interested it's only $0.99 on all e-readers. It's called "Saving Chase" and can be found on any platform. My website for the book (and my first book, Nice To Meet Me) is www.ckcarlton.com

My best to everyone!

Chris

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.