Newest Members
SoFarAhead, yayasdad, HereNow, Sharara, Unsure42
12640 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beau (51), titan (39)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 8 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12640 Members
74 Forums
64913 Topics
453822 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#387624 - 02/28/12 12:50 PM My Anger
Letourski Offline

Loc: Canada
I started therapy last week and told my story in detail for really the first time. I expressed my feelings the way I have wanted to and described what took place. I shrunk into my seat, avoided eye contact,fiddled with my hands, and struggled to find the words. I felt so incredibly small, and vulnerable.

I was angry last night. Angry that anything remotely sexual with an actual human being triggers seemingly endless anxiety. Angry that I am still confused about my sexuality. I had an emotional outburst, and I did so by myself. I screamed out loud while sitting on my couch, and it came out so raw that tears soon followed.

I put the blame back where it belonged, and for the first time I am angry with him. Angry for what he did to me, that he took advantage of me, that he told me that's what friends do, that he offered me a choice to stop even though I was not equipped to make the decision. I yelled at the top of my lungs until my voice gave way. I have never felt this angry before, at least not directed at James (his name). I spoke as if he was right in front of me. I was very emotional. Even now, there are tears behind my eyes. I took all that rage and used it against the punching bag hanging in my basement. I vowed to myself looking in the mirror that I will build my body so that nobody could ever again hurt me. It feels like the right way to deal with my vulnerability as a man.

I don't feel the intense anger I was feeling yesterday. I do still feel emotionally fragile. Like people can see through me. I didn't know these angry places existed in me. I do now.

Heal well brothers.

#387625 - 02/28/12 01:23 PM Re: My Anger [Re: Letourski]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Letourski

You must feel great to get it out--I know when I first told the story I was scared, shaking, nausea and sick, crying but once I got it out I felt better. I only told the story but you went further and push the blame where it belonged--not you but the abuser--excellent. Keep healing

#387628 - 02/28/12 01:38 PM Re: My Anger [Re: KMCINVA]
Jim1104 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I am so glad for you. Great job.

#387661 - 02/28/12 06:33 PM Re: My Anger [Re: Jim1104]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Good work, man!!! You rock!

"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself... And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity." - Paulo Coelho

#387689 - 02/28/12 08:54 PM Re: My Anger [Re: Letourski]
Forexpreneur Offline

Loc: Uranus (hell no not yours. lol...
Very awesome progress brother!!!!!

I am very happy for you. I have plenty of work to do on that in my life, but one step at a time for me.

Heal well Brother. smile

Alex

#387691 - 02/28/12 09:02 PM Re: My Anger [Re: Forexpreneur]
Letourski Offline

Loc: Canada
Thanks for the encouragement gents!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.