Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
4 registered (Cthulhu, Nothing Man, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12487 Members
74 Forums
64150 Topics
447619 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#387495 - 02/27/12 09:54 AM Think and Ye shall dream
Jim1104 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Think and Ye shall dream.

**************Triggers**************

All the talk about preteens and pedophilia has had an effect.

I have never done anything inappropriate with anyone. Sure, things were done to me, but I am innocent of anything. Just wanted that for the record.

I had a dream last night about having an encounter with a young child. Just a dream, but now I am wondering if I am remembering something that really happened to me or if it was just a bad dream. Come to think of it, the child half looked like me when I was youn and was smiling and happy. I smiled a lot when I was a toddler, based on the pictures I have seen of me. Still, it was not something I ever did to anyone, so it's a bad dream most likely.

I think it also has something to do with what Robbie experienced as he noted in another thread. That and I still remember my wife questioning whether I slept in my daughter's room (when daughter was not sleeping in there)beause of some nefarious sexual reason.

That's what I get for reading forums and remembering stuff. I will be so glad when I am finally laid to rest and I don't think about stuff anymore.

#387525 - 02/27/12 04:43 PM Re: Think and Ye shall dream [Re: Jim1104]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Jim1104
...the child half looked like me when I was youn....

Jim,

I can only tell by what you say of this dream. It sounds like you. All of my dreams (I do not have any more night dreams of the abuse) were of me as a child. Some dreams were good dreams - which I needed.

I would ask myself these questions before I saw a therapist. A therapist who is good with dreams is who I would seek if you are NOT sure about this dream.

1. Is this dream traumatic?
2. Is the child happy - maybe you seeing yourself as being happy which can be very motivating.
3. Is this child hiding feelings? On the surface looks happy.
4. Is this dream something to be concerned about.
5. Do you recognize other things in the dream other than yourself?

Peace,
Avery

#387531 - 02/27/12 05:29 PM Re: Think and Ye shall dream [Re: Avery46]
Jim1104 Offline
MaleSurvivor

If I remmeber, I will mention it to my therapist.

As to was the child happy? Yes, though he really didn't have cause not to be at the time. He was with someone he liked and that person seemed to like him. I have a picture of me when I was still in diapers. I was laying down on a bed and looking up at the camera and smiling. I looked almost like a grown-up just laying around and chilling out.

This kid in the dream reminded me of that.

I really didn't recognize much else. In the dream, me and this kid were in a lake with a lot of other people playing and having fun in the background.

The dream was not traumatic, it didn't seem, for the kid, but then nothing ultimately happened in the dream to make "hurt" him. Me, on the other hand...well, it was traumatic for me in the sense that in the dream, I would think of hurting someone. Thank God it was only a dream.

#387550 - 02/27/12 08:36 PM Re: Think and Ye shall dream [Re: Jim1104]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Jim -

Know what you mean by dreaming what you're thinking about.
I make lots of PowerPoints for the classes i teach.
Last weekend i dreamed i was making a powerpoint about the effects of CSA - NOTHING to do with any of my courses!

Sometimes you just can't switch it off!

i agree with avery - most likely the child was you. i have had several dreams that i freaked about - only to discovver later that it was all about me - not some other more scary interpretation that would cause me lots of concern. I think that is a good default - assume it's you unless it doesn't fit.

Lee

Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#387551 - 02/27/12 08:56 PM Re: Think and Ye shall dream [Re: traveler]
Jim1104 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks guys.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.