Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 38 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438122 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#386849 - 02/22/12 10:10 PM Another lawsuit against the Boy Scouts
Undefeated Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA

#387418 - 02/26/12 08:02 PM Re: Another lawsuit against the Boy Scouts [Re: Undefeated]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Undefeated,

This is like the energizer battery commercial - it just keep ticking, ticking and ticking. I feel so much anger at the perps for affecting your life.

Peace,
Avery

#387566 - 02/27/12 10:53 PM Re: Another lawsuit against the Boy Scouts [Re: Avery46]
Undefeated Offline

Thanks Avery!

Kinda nervous here, because I haven't heard back from the lawyer yet. There is a investigating period, where the lawyer determines if there is a case or not. I should be near the end of that. I'm afraid the lawyer might decide for some reason that it cannot be pursued, and I will be left with debt I cannot pay. I am worried. frown

Edited by Undefeated (02/28/12 12:47 AM)

#387569 - 02/27/12 11:23 PM Re: Another lawsuit against the Boy Scouts [Re: Undefeated]
F.A. Offline

Loc: United States
Keeping a good thought about it for you

To be sick is to be fragmented. To be healed is to become whole, and to become whole one must be in harmony with family, friends, and nature" -Navajo-
Blog: http://csafresno.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/CSAFresno
My Story: http://tinyurl.com/78upvvu

#388417 - 03/05/12 09:51 PM Re: Another lawsuit against the Boy Scouts [Re: F.A.]
Avery46 Offline

Undefeated,

Let us know how it goes. Good thoughts sent your way

#388447 - 03/05/12 11:58 PM Re: Another lawsuit against the Boy Scouts [Re: Avery46]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Undefeated,

I didn't realize that was Your story in the link. Please confirm if it is.

Puffer

#388450 - 03/06/12 12:08 AM Re: Another lawsuit against the Boy Scouts [Re: pufferfish]
Undefeated Offline

Hi Avery! Thanks for the good thoughts and wishes. I will let you know when I hear something. I have considered contacting the lawyer, but I know I need to give them whatever research time they need and contacting them might just add to my expenses right now.

Hi Puffer! This one is not my story, but this is another case by the law firm that is taking my case. Thanks for asking and your encouragement. I am kinda wondering if I made the right decision in pursuing this. The CSA has had an enormous negative impact on my entire life, and especially in my work. I abandoned the career choice I made early in life, because I was too messed up to do that, and I have never had much more than a minimum wage job. It's a serious matter, but I am not sure I have the emotional stability to go through with all the legal proceedings.

Thanks

#388457 - 03/06/12 12:41 AM Re: Another lawsuit against the Boy Scouts [Re: Undefeated]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Undefeated

... The CSA has had an enormous negative impact on my entire life, and especially in my work. I abandoned the career choice I made early in life, because I was too messed up to do that, and I have never had much more than a minimum wage job. It's a serious matter, but I am not sure I have the emotional stability to go through with all the legal proceedings.

I certainly understand your position.

I'm sure that the career I had before recovery was very adversely affected by the abuse I experienced as a child.

I had a career before starting recovery. I lost it several years after starting my recovery from abuse. My status got much, much worse after amnesia lapsed. So finally I also re-entered the labor force by taking a low-paying job. That's the reason we need compensation. That stuff ruined our employment possibilities. Also, I have paid the bulk of my counseling fees out of my own pocket. The BSA (boy scouts) always talks about financial reasons for not compensating victims, but it's my understand that their upper administrators are very well paid. It has taken a long time for my head to clear about a lot of stuff relating to those abuse issues. It wasn't my fault and it wasn't yours either.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (03/06/12 12:57 AM)

#412295 - 10/05/12 09:46 PM Re: Another lawsuit against the Boy Scouts [Re: Undefeated]
Undefeated Offline

Puffer,

Since the Colorado statue of limitations is keeping me from getting any restitution and I have no means of paying a therapist and still no job, I don't know what I can do now. It seems that I was able to muddle through when I was younger, although I have had nearly 50 jobs in my working life. I can no longer deal with the baggage. I want a job, but the economy, my work history and age keep me from even getting up the nerve to look for a job now. I had a little work in the spring, but that ended poorly too. I am a hard worker, maybe too hard, because I often kill myself by over-doing, but I keep sabotaging by quitting. I am a caregiver for my mother and she supports me now, but I don't know if/how I will make it when my mother isn't here anymore. frown

Alan

#412305 - 10/06/12 12:25 AM Re: Another lawsuit against the Boy Scouts [Re: Undefeated]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

I don't know your age, but perhaps you should look into social security benefits. Of course it might depend on who wins the election.

The statutes of limitations are set up by those in power. That's not us.

Puffer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.