Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 51 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63112 Topics
441358 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 17 of 20 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 >
Topic Options
#416013 - 11/12/12 03:42 AM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Thebo,
please try to calm down a little bit.
I'm sorry to hear that you don't have enough support. Must be difficult for you frown
Don't bother with those who rejected you.
Sometimes there are days when everything looks much worse than it is in reality, I hope this is the case.
Please share more with us if you'll feel better.
You are great guy, very honest and very brave to take steps where many of us couldn't go. You have a lot to offer to others.
Hang on man, here is my hug for you smile

(((Thebo))))

Pero

#416602 - 11/19/12 12:31 AM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
Thebo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NYC
Pero, you always come through.

Thanks.

O

#418005 - 12/03/12 03:30 AM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
Thebo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Rythm and Role is finally over. Yay!

#421745 - 01/10/13 03:34 AM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
Thebo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Got an A in Rhythm and Role. Honestly, I am surprised. Have no idea how the final project was received, but in the new semester I am sure I will find out.

Art Therapy 1 was also an A. Her comment on my paper was something to the effect that I clearly understand what art therapy is about.

#432298 - 04/24/13 06:13 PM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
Thebo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Greetings! I know it has been a while since I last entered anything here. Since today is an R&R day after a big test in Art Diagnostics, I am taking a minute or two to make an entry.

It is that time of the semester when finals and papers and projects come due. Unlike other disciplines art therapy finals can be "experiential", in other words the student performs the psychological application upon himself, then has to present feedback. Yuck.

This semester I disclosed to my adviser. It had gotten to the point that I was putting too much energy trying to prevent being accidentally exposed that I could see it might eventually interfere with my classwork. Since she is a psychiatrist and deals with a lot of trauma patients the meeting went well.

On Monday I will be presenting my final project in Art Therapy 2 class. The project is to create a piece of art expressiong our counter transference to the population with whom we would like to work. My population is adult male survivors of childhood sexual abuse.

My project is a multi-media (collage, wood, cardboard, rope, and acrylic) self-portrait of the abused child, my abused child. It is an ugly, disgusting, loathsome, wretched creature.

I have to present this to the class, explain the population and talk about the art. It means I am going to disclose to room full of 15 classmates and a teacher. AND I will be expected to answer questions. That will be the hard part.

I have gone over this with my therapist and discussed it with my adviser. Both are supportive. However, I assure you I will be calling my therapist from wherever I melt down right after class. smile

I still think for me that I prefer not to disclose, but in this case i feel it is for the best.

Well, I must be off.

Sending you all good wishes.

T

#432300 - 04/24/13 07:19 PM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

(((((((( THEBO! )))))))))

It's great to see you here again, and it sounds like you're doing great.

The Q & A might be tough, because you never know what to expect. Don't take any criticism of your art to be critical of yourself personally. Keep that in mind.

Let us know how it goes.

Cant

#432304 - 04/24/13 08:08 PM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Thebo -

i can't begin to imagine the amount of strength it must require to even consider doing what you are about to do. you are amazing! my prayer is that you will gain 15 new empathetic supporters who understand in a far deeper way not only your experience - but also the overwhelming effect that CSA has on children and adult survivors - and be vastly better equipped to help in the healing process.

all the best, man!
lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#432614 - 04/27/13 04:19 AM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
Thebo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you, lee and cant. Your words mean a lot to me. I finished the art. The art itself reveals it all. I've rehearsed my "speach" -- only to realize I'm tossing the notes and winging it. I am so afraid I will cry, but know what? I'm taking a box of tissues -- pass around pack. If I see anyone having that strange judgemental look some get when hearing these things, I am taking a large picture of me as a child. When I sense someone might get icky I'm going to hold the picture in front of my face and tell them, "Don't listen to the man's voice. Instead see the boy with the man's voice." People need to know.

O

Love you guys

#432681 - 04/27/13 10:50 PM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: Thebo
This semester I disclosed to my adviser.....It means I am going to disclose to room full of 15 classmates and a teacher. AND I will be expected to answer questions.

Hey Thebo,

So good to see you posting again. And WOW!, what a HUGE step you are taking! I sympatize with how uncomfortable this will be for you, but in the long run it will do you nothing but good. Keep it up man.

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#432684 - 04/27/13 11:14 PM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Wow. Thebo, I absolutely love the idea of having the picture of the Little You there so they can understand that its not about the man, its about the boy. How incredibly creative you are. Good luck on the presentation and critique.
b

Page 17 of 20 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.