Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
2 registered (Moortje, tbkkfile), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63646 Topics
444505 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#386970 - 02/23/12 07:42 PM Advice about warning others of the perp
pax Offline
New Here

Loc: california
My husband was the victim of sexual abuse by a trusted adult when he was 11 (he is now 48). We tried to prosecute but the statutes of limitations prevented this. However, we did get some compensation through a lawyer advocating for us and most importantly out of the volunteer public position he held and where my husband had met him. I try to keep track of the perp to make sure he is not back at this position. On a whim, I looked him up on facebook and found he has a grandson who is part asian. I got very concerned because my husband is asian and possibly other past victims are asian. I am afraid the grandson may be a target. How do I handle this?

#387066 - 02/24/12 11:09 AM Re: Advice about warning others of the perp [Re: pax]
herowannabe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Wow...

I guess a practical question would be: Is there a legal agreement between your husband and the abuser/organization, which dictates his future involvement with the abuser in consideration of the monetary compensation? Any such agreement would never prevent me from taking action to help a child in danger; however, it would help shape my game plan.

Can you find the grandson's parents on FB? Perhaps you could privately message your concerns to both parents?

Have you called the child abuse hotline to discuss this with them? The police? Division of Family Services?

I wish you luck and applaud you for wanting to be proactive.

herowannabe

For I know the plans I have made for you. Plans to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

#387074 - 02/24/12 01:07 PM Re: Advice about warning others of the perp [Re: herowannabe]
Jim1104 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Hero, as I read your response, I thought to myself that there are many things that we would like to be considered competent/experts in, but I will bet you 10 to 1 that answering this question as practically as you did would not have been on your top ten list of things to be competent at.

Pax, I am sorry you find yourself in this prediciment, but I don't really believe in coincidences. If you believe in God, I would tell you that you were prompted by God to do the facebook search. You may very well be an angel of mercy to countless people.

I suppose I would contact the attorney and ask his advice. While I think that you must ultimately do something, he may be able to guide you in the best way to proceed.

God be with you.

#387119 - 02/24/12 07:15 PM Re: Advice about warning others of the perp [Re: Jim1104]
herowannabe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
And THIS is why I love Jim! Such a good, sweet soul!

(((Jim)))

For I know the plans I have made for you. Plans to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

#387218 - 02/25/12 01:02 PM Re: Advice about warning others of the perp [Re: pax]
pax Offline
New Here

Loc: california
Thank you for your time and thoughts. I will contact the lawyer, pray and proceed from there.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.