Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
7 registered (woodenshoes, Jay1946, traveler, 3 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64168 Topics
447779 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#384724 - 02/07/12 02:11 PM Doylestown, PA Group Starts This Sunday!
GoHomeAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pennsylvania
I just received some incredible news regarding the peer support group I'm trying to start in this area. The news is - it's starting! Today I received final word from the Board of Directors of our new location that we've been approved for weekly meetings, Sundays at 7:00 PM. I have a small group of brave men already interested in joining, and there will be an article in the Courier-Times/Phillyburbs.com/Inteligencer TOMORROW to publicize the group. I'll post the article tomorrow.

If you're in this area, I hope you'll consider joining us. The article will have contact information.

Paul

#384832 - 02/08/12 12:24 AM Re: Doylestown, PA Group Starts This Sunday! [Re: GoHomeAgain]
GoHomeAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

#385527 - 02/13/12 02:35 AM Re: Doylestown, PA Group Starts This Sunday! [Re: GoHomeAgain]
GoHomeAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Here's a lovely comment posted online regarding my article:

"Good Lord.
Not another one of these sob stories. Paging Dr. Phil and Oprah, paging Dr. Phil and Oprah! You're needed in Bucks County immediately!
Listen, Pauly, "those closest to you, including your parents" are right. Turning whatever may have happened to you, imaginary or real, into some sort of bare-it-all sideshow will backfire big time.
Your therapists, counselors, and newspaper columnists just want to turn a buck off your little trendy drama.
A little less self absorption and a little more concentration on "the two children you are raising" might work better for you.

bare-it-all sideshow"

It's a beautiful day!

Paul

#385579 - 02/13/12 01:06 PM Re: Doylestown, PA Group Starts This Sunday! [Re: GoHomeAgain]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Ah, the attackers of male survivors.

I was thinking about warning you about going public to be ready for that. I didn't think this context would be quite so likely to generate that, but wrong.

The ignorance is just profound, but you're a hero to me.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#385591 - 02/13/12 03:22 PM Re: Doylestown, PA Group Starts This Sunday! [Re: LandOfShadow]
GoHomeAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks, Allan. It didn't bother me, as I expected it. But what bothers me is that someone would take their time to write such a post... I think it says a lot about him/her.

#385592 - 02/13/12 04:07 PM Re: Doylestown, PA Group Starts This Sunday! [Re: GoHomeAgain]
Sobernow Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
sad to say - it comes with the territory when having any type of recovery group.

it was easy - everyone would do it.
but it aint

#385655 - 02/13/12 11:53 PM Re: Doylestown, PA Group Starts This Sunday! [Re: Sobernow]
GoHomeAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Now on to the good news... The Doylestown Male Survivors Group had its first meeting last night, and it was an unequivocal success! While there were only 2 of us, there will be at least 3 next week. I've also heard from guys who plan to begin attending next month, so hopefully the group will continue to grow.

While 2 people may not sound like much, the meeting was great. We began a dialogue about what we want our group to be, exchanged resource information we'd gathered, and just got to know each other a little. It was so affirming to be in the presence of another survivor, right here in my town. I strongly encourage anyone in the area who thinks they may be ready for this step to consider contacting me at malesurvivorsgroup@comcast.net or PM me on the site.

Paul

#386925 - 02/23/12 11:52 AM Re: Doylestown, PA Group Starts This Sunday! [Re: GoHomeAgain]
GoHomeAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

After a second meeting with 3 men, Doylestown male survivors will be meeting again this Sunday, February 26 , 2012, and every Sunday.

We have a really great meeting going. PM me for details if you are interested in attending ( or email me at malesurvivorsgroup@comcast.net ).

Paul

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.