Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
2 registered (Nickie98, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64167 Topics
447761 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#38677 - 11/17/04 03:33 AM Escapism, what do you do?
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
I learned during and after my moms and dads divorce to get loss in science fiction books during the worst of it I was reading about three books a day or 600 pages or so. I still read today. Speaking of which I have a book all ready.

#38678 - 11/17/04 04:45 AM Re: Escapism, what do you do?
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Why escape when you can internalize and suppress? lol

#38679 - 11/17/04 05:06 AM Re: Escapism, what do you do?
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
My escape is through writing.

#38680 - 11/17/04 05:28 AM Re: Escapism, what do you do?
sadanddown Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Gaboogistan
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeNY:
Why escape when you can internalize and suppress? lol
:)

So in other words, what are our hobbies? I like to do car audio stuff. Not necesarrily working on my car all the time, but I like to at least read up on things, look at peoples installs etc...

#38681 - 11/17/04 10:10 AM Re: Escapism, what do you do?
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
Another way I relieve stress is by rocking out with my favorite music. Not long ago I used real player 10 to rip all my CD's to MP3's. I use Winamp for playing them, I like it best of all the players. I select the albums I want to hear, and select random and repeat play. I got my own radio station! rock on!

#38682 - 11/17/04 10:25 AM Re: Escapism, what do you do?
sadanddown Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Gaboogistan
I also like to play guitar, I'm not very good at it...but I can learn songs from TAB if I practice them for long enough

#38683 - 11/17/04 12:29 PM Re: Escapism, what do you do?
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

I sail or walk the beach alone. Also, I tend to get into a wild cleaning mode form time to time. Gotta have that organization and structure!

#38684 - 11/17/04 09:11 PM Re: Escapism, what do you do?
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
I work out at the Gym. I mountainbike and inlines skate in the summer and teach inline skating. In the winter I snoboard. The gym is for self image and meets my need for pain for which I have not lost the attraction. But is safe now this way. I like the othe things because there is an element of risk to them at all times. This replaces dangerous situations in which I found myself for most of my life before dealing with SA. In reflection I guess I suppress by replacment.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#38685 - 11/17/04 11:04 PM Re: Escapism, what do you do?

Loc: UK

#38686 - 11/18/04 03:30 PM Re: Escapism, what do you do?
Ivo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Germany
Books are my first love, house of my family was always full of them.

Now I have time to read books only on my vacation. Then I read really fast. Few hundred pages per day.

Beside this I developed one strange hobby. I systematically collect and put in my brain a lot of information.
From books (historical, geographical, encyclopaedias ...), newspapers, internet, news channels, whatever source I can find...
I specially prefer to store economical facts (on business channels I can found ocean of information \:\) ).
There is no any practical use of this hobby but I like to build some kind of a database in my mind and on that way I am totally out of mine problems.

Ivo

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.