Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (Banjo596, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63434 Topics
443439 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#386634 - 02/21/12 04:02 AM Hijacking Posts
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
I just find it intriguing, that more often than not, a Survivor or a Partner posts a topic, (and remember that these are wounded people searching for answers) asking for advice and guidance, and by the time the post reaches its pinnacle, you find that it is no longer about the subject.
A hijack has occurred and people will be talking about their own issues instead of answering the question that the original poster asked.

I just wonder if I am the only one that finds this offensive and disrespectful, or for that matter the only one that notices this?

Any answers or should I change the subject Hehehehe

Heal well all
Martin

#386637 - 02/21/12 05:59 AM Re: Hijacking Posts [Re: whome]
Dar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
I too see it happen quite offten.

It is disrespectful as the person posting a topic is looking for answers or help.

To much bickering at times between people can change the whole aspect of the original question. (Kind of like a soap opera)

To me if two people are the ones bickering and taking over a post, they should go to PM and work it out between them selves.

Peace Brothers

#386649 - 02/21/12 07:45 AM Re: Hijacking Posts [Re: Dar]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I know if I'm completely honest I can look back and have been guilty of it myself.

I think a lot of it is unintentional though. I think something in the question/post relates or connects to someone, so they post their feelings/viewpoint but as they do it ends up sidetracking to other things and then people reply to that post and people reply to the replies...

I don't think anyone intentionally hops in and says, "I'm gonna hijack this!"

#386658 - 02/21/12 09:36 AM Re: Hijacking Posts [Re: JustScott]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
I think you've hit the nail on the head, Scott. I'm sure I've done it, too. Something in the post or a previous response just strikes a cord, and we veer a bit off course. It's no different than a face-to-face conversation. My suggestion to the original poster would be that if you see this happening, post a gentle reminder in the thread to clarify your question or point, just as you'd attempt to get a conversation back on track.

As Scott said, I don't think this is done intentionally.

Peace,

John

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#386664 - 02/21/12 10:19 AM Re: Hijacking Posts [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Yeah I dont think it is intentional either.

Perhaps in light of recent events, I am a little sensitive to this because of the bun fights that erupted out of a normal 'please help me post'

It really made things unpleasant here for a bit, and as I say perhaps I'm a little sensitive. But I still think that we can be aware of it and be cautious of it.
We are all damaged hurting people here, and I think that all of us need to be a little more sensitive to peoples needs.

Well enough, Ill get off my high horse and limp into the next post.

Heal well all
Martin

#386734 - 02/21/12 07:06 PM Re: Hijacking Posts [Re: whome]
lucylives Offline

So agree which is why on my last post I specifically stated that if the response was rude or negative that I wouldn't bother even reading it let alone responding.

thanks whome.

And yes we have all done it unintentional but some people just want to get their nastiness out in the "safety" of the anonymous net.

#386739 - 02/21/12 08:23 PM Re: Hijacking Posts [Re: whome]
herowannabe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Quote:
Well enough, Ill get off my high horse and limp into the next post.

Haaaa! I love this, Martin! You truly are a gem, Matrix Man!

Thank you for the smile!
herowannabe

For I know the plans I have made for you. Plans to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.