Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
4 registered (GT13568, Serpenta, 2 invisible), 66 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62504 Topics
438066 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#385747 - 02/14/12 04:14 PM Re: Brand New really needing advice [Re: MarkK]
Esposa Offline
F&F Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Markk - alot of things I have read about talking to my children about being safe deal with this exact thing. It ain't sex. It's abuse. Abuse comes in different packaging.

#385788 - 02/14/12 08:11 PM Re: Brand New really needing advice [Re: MarkK]
herowannabe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Whome-
I get what you're saying, and as a female, I bristle at a man getting his nose out of joint at the thought that he should have to sexually approach a woman respectfully and with the intention of sharing love/making love- NOT just having sex.

Men like you, Whome, understand making love is a privilege that IS earned, while "sex" is something you just take from another. I get it and thank you for your thought.

MarkK-
Great thought, and you are 100% correct. Unfortunately, for many supporters in F&F, what's brought us here is sex- specifically the sexual acting out of our partners. Many of us struggle with our survivor's intimacy disorders, which affect our psyches and our marriages. That sexual acting out against us, to many of us, WAS abuse. So, in a roundabout way, we're all here for shades of the same thing: healing of abuse. Supporters have one extra challenge, and that is to go beyond our own hurt in order to support our survivors.

Back to the original post some time soon???
herowannabe

For I know the plans I have made for you. Plans to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

#385838 - 02/15/12 12:31 AM Re: Brand New really needing advice [Re: herowannabe]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
The original post is the fact that a friend is in pain and is needing advice.

Kl24. I am really sorry that I got side tracked.

Please feel free to PM me if you need/ want any further advice, My mail box is always open.

Heal well
Martin

#385910 - 02/15/12 01:31 PM Re: Brand New really needing advice [Re: whome]
KL24 Offline

Martin,

i really appreciated your advice, i felt like someone was affirming me in a broken place... there are a lot of confusing emotions as a friend to a survivor and a lot of times it seems easier to stuff away my emotions because they are less important then what my friend is going through, therefore having you articulate thoughts on my behalf as a male, as a male survivor made me feel very affirmed and comforted, thank you so much for it.i really felt like you stepped into a position that i needed to be filled, i need someone to let me know that my feelings of hurt are still valid rather then allowing myself to compare my hurt to my friends hurt. that is a challenge...

thank you for taking time to post about this topic with me

#385956 - 02/15/12 11:40 PM Re: Brand New really needing advice [Re: KL24]
herowannabe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Quote:
to stuff away my emotions because they are less important then what my friend is going through

If this statement were placed into a slot machine, you'd have just hit the jackpot!

As a supporter, THAT is EXACTLY how we all feel. And it is maddening until we come to the realization that our emotions are not less important than what our survivors are going through. Our hurts are just "different" than theirs. Just like two crayons are different colors, they are still crayons! Pain is pain.

Your attention is currently focused on your beloved because you've prioritized properly, as a sound, mature adult does. His needs are perhaps the most immediate, but it doesn't mean your needs are inconsequential.

I hope F&F will help you control your own bleeding until your beloved's hemmoraging is under control. Then, when you feel it is time, let us help you get bandaged up properly.

Be easy on YOU! You matter, too!

Hugs-
herowannabe

For I know the plans I have made for you. Plans to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.