Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
5 registered (Bardo, BuffaloCO, lapchinj, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446687 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#385833 - 02/15/12 12:11 AM V Day sucks
Bradley P Offline

Loc: AR
Gahhhh

I wimped out and texted my ex-girlfriend just a sec ago. So frickin' lonely!!! And whiny if you couldn't tell...lol

I hate it when V day only brings masturbation and fantasizing about the hot cougar-ladies at work, and a desire to text your ex who disappeared without even a goodbye. All I said was, "Happy V Day (name), I hope yours was special and worthwhile ;)" so not too bad, but gah, what a wimp, wuss, whipped puppy I am. Be a frickin' man!!! Don't be a door mat!!!

It doesn't help that the only attention I've gotten was from this dude I met at a show once. He started messaging me on facebook; man it felt nice to have some appropriate, good natured attention/affection. At first it was innocent; The moment I started to try and go with it, he got even a hint flirty and I panicked. I had a huge trigger of anxiety and had to get away eventually. Cried and cried.

I just wanted a friend is all. This crap sucks. So does this day!!!

#385849 - 02/15/12 01:56 AM Re: V Day sucks [Re: Bradley P]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
I'm sorry. Know the feeling.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#385850 - 02/15/12 02:47 AM Re: V Day sucks [Re: phoenix321]
mike13 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California USA
Bradley I remember the saying if you love someone set them free. If they come back they are yours if they don't hunt them down and shoot them smile Mike

#385857 - 02/15/12 03:38 AM Re: V Day sucks [Re: mike13]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Sorry, dude!
Played some non-love songs for my students in honor of the day.

Lee

Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#385866 - 02/15/12 07:42 AM Re: V Day sucks [Re: traveler]
Dewey Offline

Loc: the sunshine state
I don't see how texting someone to have a great day is a wimpy gesture. It looks as though you were offering her an olive branch of friendship and that is mature in my eyes. I'm sure you were feeling all kinds of stuff but the bottom line is that you reached out and smiled toward someone and took a risk. I think you are a better person for it even if funkiness surrounded it.

Just keep going toward love, Dan

#385878 - 02/15/12 10:16 AM Re: V Day sucks [Re: Dewey]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brothers.

Yes, my feelings/memories about this day sure suck.

This boy knew nothing about love or emotions for a girl/female, his "mom" was teaching him how to hate & fear them.

As a young & shy Gay boy attending mostly public schools 1-4Th grade, on this day we were obliged to bring in a valentine for each girl in our class.

Well, i never had any kind of attractions of feelings for girls, as such i avoided them as much as possible. So when this day came along and i was obliged to hand them a valentine i just laid them on a desk and they could take it if they wished. I never got any in return.

So, i sit here lonely, shy & getting older by the second.

Seems like this gay boy/man is still seeking someone to love & cherish him. For the rest of our life. Still very much that abused boy. Even went into a finding a partner web site.

Sure haven't learned much over these years.

Sure i have my son & grandsons, but that's a different kind of love.

Hoping that we all find someone to share our true love with.
Heal well, my brothers heal well.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.

Pete..Irishmoose.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#385924 - 02/15/12 03:35 PM Re: V Day sucks [Re: petercorbett]
Bradley P Offline

Loc: AR
Thanks guys, good to know you're not alone on this.

Dewey I didn't look at it that way, thanks for the comment.

#385926 - 02/15/12 04:24 PM Re: V Day sucks [Re: Bradley P]
J1 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
For me...texting is too plain and one dimensional. If I am in a noisy, unusual environment, which happens a lot, because i do not work in an office or have a 9-5 type operation, we might text very brief, non vital matters. i see texting as a generational issue as well. I had a business lunch to evaluate a creative graphics applicant, fresh from college. All the charm and talent he displayed, was totally dashed by his focus on his cell phone in his lap as we dined. That was rude and showed me he was too immature to fit in with our group.

On a date recently, the companion,glanced several times at his watch and texts. Done. I purposely turn my phone off as much as practical and have other staff take my calls. In one recent task force with state officials and leaders of multi million dollar businesses, I returned to my truck, very pleased that the most successful achievers that day, never once derailed our in person energy with a call or text. Not one.

I also have noted that the most successful people I have met in the last year, all shed the phones and texts, and I learned they all wake up extra early each weekday, to have quiet time and reflect without intrusions. One man at a recent event, has done start ups and buy outs and compared to some at the table, is in a league of his own. I joked that I was now arising about 445 am each day to work on my new ventures. he laughed... and gave me his card, saying he too, was up way early and we should meet for coffee.

Thats my view.

#385927 - 02/15/12 04:26 PM Re: V Day sucks [Re: Bradley P]
J1 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
For me...texting is too plain and one dimensional. If I am in a noisy, unusual environment, which happens a lot, because i do not work in an office or have a 9-5 type operation, we might text very brief, non vital matters. i see texting as a generational issue as well. I had a business lunch to evaluate a creative graphics applicant, fresh from college. All the charm and talent he displayed, was totally dashed by his focus on his cell phone in his lap as we dined. That was rude and showed me he was too immature to fit in with our group.

On a date recently, the companion,glanced several times at his watch and texts. Done. I purposely turn my phone off as much as practical and have other staff take my calls. In one recent task force with state officials and leaders of multi million dollar businesses, I returned to my truck, very pleased that the most successful achievers that day, never once derailed our in person energy with a call or text. Not one.

I also have noted that the most successful people I have met in the last year, all shed the phones and texts, and I learned they all wake up extra early each weekday, to have quiet time and reflect without intrusions. One man at a recent event, has done start ups and buy outs and compared to some at the table, is in a league of his own. I joked that I was now arising about 445 am each day to work on my new ventures. he laughed... and gave me his card, saying he too, was up way early and we should meet for coffee.

Thats my view.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.