Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 53 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441313 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#385476 - 02/12/12 06:36 PM Women vs. Men
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Comment in response to: I Have Female Privilege
http://goodmenproject.com/men-and-feminism/i-have-female-privilege/
John D. commented:
"Rebecca says:
“The idea that the tide of power has turned and women have more power than men, in the aggregate, is laughably counter-factual.”

Rebecca, if you eliminate the top 1% elites that obviously add more wealth and control towards men and instead look at the general populace it can be demonstrably shown that many men have far less privilege and far worse standard of living compared to women.

Men are:
95% of on-the-job deaths
90% of the homeless
80% of all suicides
80% the victims of violent crime
90% of the incarcerated (studies show the anti-male sentencing disparity is equal to the anti-black sentencing disparity)
95% of those on death row
38% of college grads
live 7 years less
fathers get primary physical custody 6% to mothers 80%

men have much less advocacy and aid in reproductive rights, mental health, health care the list goes on and on. The help programs in many spheres of life for women dominate what is available for men.

In short the constant frenzy of feminists to view only the elites to show that ALL MEN have much greater wealth, and control is simply a magicians trick to draw attention where she wants it.

In addition, it is demonstrably shown that because nearly all of the top 1% elite are men that they then advocate for men is a broken argument.
Women make 80% of household spending decisions. They also are 55% of the voters.
Women who are married routinely vote republican, since there is the depiction of democrats playing zero-sum games in their advocacy against men. If women change their vote based on their SITUATION then why would politicans not also arrange their stance based on the demographics of the voters?

If men’s views are being promulgated because the elites are men then can you explain any of these following mainstream airings?

ht [url=tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1J8wC1AWus&feature=related]tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1J8wC1AWus&feature=related[/url]

Here is Sharon Osbourne laughing uproarisly at a man who’s wife cut off his penis (for seeking divorce apparently). Not only does she laugh but the whole audience tee-hees along with her. This is broadcast to millions. Can you ever picture a show laughing at the mutilation of a women’s sex organs being broadcast to millions? The show would be closed down, and advertisers would leave the show. All that happened to the Talk is Sharon Osbourne apologized and took a voluntary hiatus.

ht [url=tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VihlsPKMh4U]tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VihlsPKMh4U[/url]
Look at some of the scenes of boy only CHILD ABUSE in movies like Mr. Woodcock and Bad Teacher

ht [url=tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGmz3wrpOJA]tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGmz3wrpOJA[/url]

Here is a commercial in which it is stated if your husband isn’t perfect beat the crap out of him:

ht [url=tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGmz3wrpOJA]tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGmz3wrpOJA[/url]

Beat your snoring husband:
ht [url=tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K07RKgt4KDg]tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K07RKgt4KDg[/url]

Or this department store commercial which shows men in the emergency room for buying the wrong their wives the wrong xmas gifts.
ht [url=tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJejr9jRyZs]tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJejr9jRyZs[/url]

How about any of the movies in which male rape is depicted as funny? This is a running theme in slapstick comedies like the Eurotrip “safe word” scene.

You reverse the genders on any of these instances and these marketing/writers would be out of a job and the companies boycotted.

Violence against men is seen as the ultimate joke. You can’t even make a case that violence against women in media is as pervasive or wide spread or as extreme.

If you really want to engage in an open dialogue (and not push your narrative on others) I would recommend reading Own Your Sh1t blog by girl writes what.

Rather than dealing in facts and figures, she uses a very concise expert writing style that centers on how men are dehumanized.

Even in the first half of 1900′s when (I will agree) women’s decisions were curtailed women were also vastly safer from harm. As a contrast, the men had the SEMBLANCE of freedom (work this dangerous job or starve) their lives were mostly about being used and abused.

Look at this video about the historic event of Patton slapping a soldier who said he had shell shock and couldn’t go back to the front (it was later determined he had malaria).

ht [url=tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZJcAeJ8YRo]tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZJcAeJ8YRo[/url]

When you direct your views to the COMMON man over the past 100 years you can see men were also harshly oppressed in addition to women, just in a much different way."

---------

A big thing I've always seen in 42 years on the earth is if a woman/girl hurts, there is concern. If a man/boy hurts, it's a joke or rarely discussed. After all, women are the emotional ones, right? I am mostly on women's side in a lot of socioeconomic issues so I'm not a pig.

I do believe those stats in bold.

Nothing against woman-kind at all. I've always preferred them to men due to the CSA/child abuse.

However, are men considered equals to women in the emotional categories? Nope. You could probably list 100 things women do without anyone saying anything but a man does it and his a wimp, pussy, fag, queen, etc. as other men see it. The bullies I had were all men (in your face bullying--behind my back I'm sure girls participated).

I do think women should be able to do almost anything a man can do (except war--women as support roles in military only).

The war against men has raged since the 80s at least. Ever watch commercials in the daytime and you'll see businesses all think we are morons. Women do 80% of the spending is mostly the reason, or is it? Some men deserve the war since they are pigs. But, it really hurts the other men that aren't.

It just seems to me that women are the only ones really cared for when it comes to emotional issues with regards to CSA.

Q: Is there a way to offer women equal footing in business, politics, the board room, sports, etc. without bashing all men in the first place so as to make women feel equal?

(No offense, girls, you are equal just some of us males would like it to not be at our species' social expense. Let's face it: girls can discuss gender issues without question but guys can't without scorn. Just me making this statement should be telling how hard it is to discuss gender issues.)

Edited by phoenix321 (02/12/12 06:55 PM)

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#385478 - 02/12/12 06:48 PM Re: Women vs. Men [Re: phoenix321]
phoenix321 Offline

Note: It would be cool if women ruled the world IMO. They can't do any worse than the men that preceded them. Hehe

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#385484 - 02/12/12 07:43 PM Re: Women vs. Men [Re: phoenix321]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I heard of that show with Sharon Osbourne. Fortunately there are many good women who do not think like her. There are many who recognize that it's not acceptable to bash men, in the media or otherwise.

I was watching a rerun of the show Charmed the other day, and noted it was a particularly anti-male episode. As you compared, if the genders were reversed, the show would have been pulled off the air before it even made it to reruns. The very end at least had some redemption with both genders recognizing how one should not bash the other.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#385490 - 02/12/12 08:57 PM Re: Women vs. Men [Re: FormerTexan]
phoenix321 Offline

Originally Posted By: FormerTexan
I heard of that show with Sharon Osbourne. Fortunately there are many good women who do not think like her. There are many who recognize that it's not acceptable to bash men, in the media or otherwise.

I was watching a rerun of the show Charmed the other day, and noted it was a particularly anti-male episode. As you compared, if the genders were reversed, the show would have been pulled off the air before it even made it to reruns. The very end at least had some redemption with both genders recognizing how one should not bash the other.

My point is we should treat each other equally regardless of gender. Yes, that means paying women equally too.

#385497 - 02/12/12 09:21 PM Re: Women vs. Men [Re: FormerTexan]
Fidex Offline

Idk I don't feel like it's men vs women. Sharon Osbourne turned that victim's pain in to a joke but I remember Jay Leno or some other airbag, men laughed and women laughed and made stupid victim-blaming jokes because they accept that it's somehow too absurd to be real or excuseable because "obviously he was cheating on her" or whatever. Male and female writers create scenes in popular television shows targeted toward men and women where an unsympathetic male characters gets kicked in the genitals by a woman and people laugh. Feminists didn't get together and decide that nuttapping was funny and an excellent tool to "fight the patriarchy". I think this article (written by a well off white woman) is way off in trying to make the claim that it's a "woman's world" and "women have all the privilege". They don't. Neither does the average man. It's about the culture we live in not the this vs that. I'm not racist because I'm white and am less likely to be pulled over by the police than a black man in Inglewood, but a society with racist values ALLOWS that disparity to occur.

I was talking to my friend last night and came to this discussion about how it's wrong to assume the absence of a penis means female. This is like along the same line of thinking. Just because this ugly trend of mocking male victims has become really obvious, doesn't mean women suddenly rule the world in the absence of the "penis". We were actually talking about plants, how they're mostly asexual/hermaphrodites but still no one blinks when dioecious plants exist in the same area. They're not separate species. I think feminists and whoever else have it wrong in trying to make it out like men and women are "opposites" rather than variations.

#385503 - 02/12/12 09:53 PM Re: Women vs. Men [Re: Fidex]
phoenix321 Offline

Fidex, you missed the commentor's point on Sharon Osborne. The joke would not be tolerated if it was a woman's genitals. He's talking help as well. Yeah, it's available to women way, way more than men.

#385507 - 02/12/12 10:05 PM Re: Women vs. Men [Re: phoenix321]
Fidex Offline

No I didn't miss the point, I know it wouldn't be tolerated if it were women's genitals, it'd be a horrifying news segment and recognized as the atrocity it was. I know that help isn't available to me where i live, where it was available I was told I was at fault. I have been homeless with no "men's shelter" to stay at like a woman might have. The women's shelter isn't at fault for that.

#385516 - 02/12/12 11:32 PM Re: Women vs. Men [Re: Fidex]
phoenix321 Offline

Originally Posted By: Fidex
I have been homeless with no "men's shelter" to stay at like a woman might have. The women's shelter isn't at fault for that.

I'm sorry.

It's not the women's shelter's fault. It's the ignorance (uninformed) of society's fault that there are few resources for men.

#385522 - 02/13/12 12:21 AM Re: Women vs. Men [Re: phoenix321]
Fidex Offline

i can definitely agree with that.

#385544 - 02/13/12 07:30 AM Re: Women vs. Men [Re: Fidex]
Treehugger75 Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
If there is anyone that truely know the odd-comfort in hiding behind a warm blanket of denial, its the downtrodden. It appears much more vividly by the one experiencing the osticization (sp?) than to those simple who have had their belief. Imagine trying to explain the colour blue to a blind person. And then expect them to colour coordinate their wardrobe. If you haent been there the severity of the situation is very easy to discredit or diminish.
But hey i could be totally off base to smile

#385570 - 02/13/12 11:02 AM Re: Women vs. Men [Re: Treehugger75]
phoenix321 Offline

Interesting replies.

The point of this was to make people think. There's no right or wrong answer to the question. Only one, Fidex, resisted commenting and disagreed with the OP. That's really interesting.

Edited by phoenix321 (02/13/12 11:02 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.