Newest Members
Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons, TantraPunk
12250 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Brandon (23), doctorfrau (51), dwigginsr (55), Glen (43), RFB (58)
Who's Online
6 registered (kcinohio, woodenshoes, Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC, bluesky, 2 invisible), 47 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12250 Members
73 Forums
63101 Topics
441284 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#385553 - 02/13/12 09:15 AM Re: UK survivor suicidal -- please help! [Re: eyesforward]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
PLEASE tell me there has been an intervention!

and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#385558 - 02/13/12 09:26 AM Re: UK survivor suicidal -- please help! [Re: traveler]
ACRoberts Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey (recently moved fro...
I totally agree with everyone who as replied at this point. I am sorry I didn't see your message before. PLEASE get professional intervention for your partner. When we are at our deepest points, it is often difficult to act in a way that will help us. I know that I isolated when I was at my deepest point and secretly wanted someone to "save" me and validate my pain. I wish you all the best.

#385598 - 02/13/12 05:18 PM Re: UK survivor suicidal -- please help! [Re: ACRoberts]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Any news?

#385600 - 02/13/12 05:42 PM Re: UK survivor suicidal -- please help! [Re: traveler]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
I know deep pain like your man is experiencing. The deep sobbing is good but, the aloneness feelings afterwards can be so tough to handle.

I hope he got some help. I sounds like he will need some help.

Any news?

#385604 - 02/13/12 05:56 PM Re: UK survivor suicidal -- please help! [Re: Avery46]
herowannabe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
When we are most in need, we are oftentimes completely incapable of helping ourselves. We know we are at the bottom of a pit, and that we should start climbing out before it's too late, but we simply don't have the drive to begin. It's then that a hand needs to come and physically drag us up to sunlight and air.

In wanting to go stay at his folks house, he's throwing out the signal that he just needs to be taken care of.

Please do whatever you must to get him help. It doesn't sound like he has the strength to do it on his own.

ADD'L Thought: You aren't married yet(?) so you may not legally be able to secure help for him? If this is the case, maybe you could print out these posts and present them to his parents so they will intervene??? Just a thought...

Prayfully-
herowannabe

Edited by herowannabe (02/13/12 05:59 PM)
Edit Reason: Another thought...

For I know the plans I have made for you. Plans to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

#385614 - 02/13/12 07:15 PM Re: UK survivor suicidal -- please help! [Re: herowannabe]
eyesforward Offline

Loc: Ontario
Getting married is really easy in most places. In mine the legal requirement is that 5 sentences are said:

each person in the couple:
- know no reason the other party can't be married
- I take the other as my legally wedded spouse

officiant:
- by the authority given me by the provincial legislation I pronouce you married.

That and $350 bucks will do it (150 for the license + 200 for the officiant).

Regrets, I've got a few.

#385623 - 02/13/12 09:26 PM Re: UK suicide prevention help lines [Re: eyesforward]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Originally Posted By: eyesforward
UK suicide prevention resources -- 24 hour help lines. Call them they can help you. Please please don't wait.

SupportLine Telephone Helpline: 01708 765200
email info@supportline.org.uk or
write to SupportLine at PO Box 1596, Ilford, Essex IG1 3FW - Provides emotional support and details of support groups, helplines, agencies and counsellors throughout the UK

Calm: 0800 585858
www.thecalmzone.net
Campaign Against Living Miserably Help and support for young men aged 15-35 on issues which include depression and suicide.

HopeLine UK 0800 068 4141
for practical advice on suicide prevention www.papyrus.org.uk

Premier Lifeline: 08456 52 52 52
email lifeline@premier.org.uk,
www.premier.org.uk/lifeline
Helpline providing a listening service, information, emotional and spiritual support from a Christian perspective

Samaritans: 0845 790 9090 (1850 60 90 90 Rep. Of Ireland),
email jo@samaritans.org,
www.samaritans.org
24 hr helpline offering emotional support for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which may lead to suicide

Youth to Youth: 020 8896 3675
www.youth2youth.co.uk
Help and support for young people up to 19 years

Bump. Perfect info. Sorry, not in the UK. frown

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#385631 - 02/13/12 10:20 PM Re: UK suicide prevention help lines [Re: phoenix321]
intruthisfreedom Offline

Hello all, thank you so much for your messages and support.

After a night of sick worry and knowing in my whole body we needed to make the decision for him and take him somewhere. This morning I kept telling his dad he wouldn't get better on his own and gave him my opinion of calling a top clinic I knew of he called and got an appointment this evening(UK time) so after a day of my man sobbing and saying he didn't want to go, confussion,pain and everything else. We got him to go to the appointment.

After speaking with the doctor he said he should stay there for a week and go from there.

We had to leave him there, I think he was scared but ok with the decision. Then we left and he called his dad shouting at him confussed because they had taken his phone off him.

Spent the rest of the evening talking to his family and a very good friend of his who had also come to support him. I've realised how far and deep this thing had gotten, how ill he has been and how it has been affecting me.

I am really scared but just so glad he is somewhere safe and secure.

His dad still wants to look after him himself which is crazy, a lot of unhealthy relationships have been going on. I pray the rest of his family and me get help also and realise all these unhealthy patterns of co dependency.

I'll be checking posts for next while as I can't sleep so any replies are much appreciated.

Part of me doesn't want to see him tomorrow I feel like I need to be on my own but the other part of me wants to be there at 10am.

X

#385637 - 02/13/12 10:43 PM Re: UK suicide prevention help lines [Re: intruthisfreedom]
eyesforward Offline

Loc: Ontario
intruth

I'm so very relieved to see your post. You did the right thing.

My recent experience visiting my love in a mental health unit (ward) was okay. After the chaos that preceded his arrival on the unit, the quiet of the area on the weekend was welcome. Of course you'll see him on a Wednesday, so who knows.

Take care of yourself in this. Ask people to do things for you -- buy groceries, drive you places, whatever you need ask.

#385639 - 02/13/12 10:46 PM Re: UK suicide prevention help lines [Re: intruthisfreedom]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

I thank God and thank you that he is "safe" for the time being. Good thing you did - however the next steps go... and it will probly not be easy.

The community here is very supportive. Draw on whatever strength you can and know there are many (including silent members who do not post) who are behind you and with you in this hellish period.

Grace, mercy, and peace to you!
Lee

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.