Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (don64, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443150 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#385331 - 02/11/12 03:23 PM Privacy vs. Isolation
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
I wrote this down in a journal a while ago...

One of the things we all have to fight is the desire to isolate and stay away from people while needing to be social and loved and have a sense of belonging.

Privacy and intimacy are opposing human needs, and both of these needs get completely distorted when we are exposed to sexual abuse as children. Obviously, because our boundaries were violated in the extreme, and our comprehension of privacy and intimacy are wrecked.

Been offline a couple weeks because I had to move and was also swamped by too much work. I'll be participating more frequently here again now that I finally have some time.

D

Loving Kindness Meditation will dramatically improve your spirits; give it a try for just 3 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7cpV7ERsM

#385362 - 02/11/12 08:09 PM Re: Privacy vs. Isolation [Re: Magellan]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Hey D,

I was just thinking the other day "where is D-Magellan. Well here you are. Welcome back there Sir.

Hope your move went well. Ah...yes, Privacy and Isolation. When you were away I thought he - meaning you - needs some private time. I prayed and hoped you were NOT isolating.

Peace,
Avery

#385387 - 02/11/12 10:26 PM Re: Privacy vs. Isolation [Re: Avery46]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Hi Avery,

Thanks for your thoughts! It's nice to know people are wondering where I am. I'm fine. The move was unscheduled (mold issues in the apartment) as well as being suddenly slammed with way too much all at once at work.

Finally getting a little bit of a chance to take a breather! And glad that I can find some time to lurk around here again.

D

Loving Kindness Meditation will dramatically improve your spirits; give it a try for just 3 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7cpV7ERsM

#385415 - 02/12/12 03:28 AM Re: Privacy vs. Isolation [Re: Magellan]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Good to have you back, Magellan!

Hope you make some great new discoveries that take you a long way toward where you want to go...

Regards,
Lee

Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#385418 - 02/12/12 03:56 AM Re: Privacy vs. Isolation [Re: traveler]
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Great topic Magellan. This is something I deal with often. I don't work much and there are weeks where I'll have two or three or more days off in a row. I guess most people would love to have that much free time but for me it's very hard to deal with because all that time is usually spent by myself. There are days where I do not go outside except to maybe get the mail and the rest of my time is spent in the house in front of the tv. I value my privacy but at the same time I so desperately wish I could spend time with someone. I don't have any close friends, I haven't had any for a long while and it hurts because I do want to be social but I just don't know how. I guess that means I'm isolated.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.