Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (Bluedogone, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63575 Topics
444168 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#385277 - 02/11/12 09:55 AM I told someone my Secret
DarkHadou Offline

this week about my disorder(derealization and depersonalization) to someone who has known me since at least the age of 5. I was best friends with her son since a kid to high school. We moved in 2003 to another state and they lived a house away from each other, we also do now. I had to do it. This is what I felt. It was crazy because I have DR 24/7 and she looked like a dream the whole time. She cried. She already knows about my abuse. She was shocked when I told her that what I experience now (DR) is worse than the actual abuse. It is. I can't rely on my mom or my dad (who caused this disorder and other disorder I have). They will never know. She's been friends with them since like forever. I told her it's hard to believe that I have this disorder even though I was diagnosed with it cause I've been living like this for many years. I don't like that her solution was to go to church, religious crap, good thing was that she believed me.

Edited by DarkHadou (02/11/12 09:55 AM)

#385306 - 02/11/12 12:58 PM Re: I told someone my Secret [Re: DarkHadou]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
DarkHadou,

Congratulations for telling someone your secret. It was a freeing experience for me after I told someone my secret. It gets more freeing each time I tell someone.

When I tell anyone my secret - well it is not a secret anymore - it clears the air for me to experience life today.

I know that having a diagnosis can help for it gives a basis to work from.

I am not sure what you mean when you say "she looked like a dream the whole time". I know when I tell others about the abuse for a period of time I am depressed although the time period is getting shorter each time I tell of the abuse and its affects on me.

I am honored to have you share of your experience.

Peace,
Avery

#385318 - 02/11/12 02:02 PM Re: I told someone my Secret [Re: Avery46]
DarkHadou Offline

Originally Posted By: Avery46
DarkHadou,

Congratulations for telling someone your secret. It was a freeing experience for me after I told someone my secret. It gets more freeing each time I tell someone.

When I tell anyone my secret - well it is not a secret anymore - it clears the air for me to experience life today.

I know that having a diagnosis can help for it gives a basis to work from.

I am not sure what you mean when you say "she looked like a dream the whole time". I know when I tell others about the abuse for a period of time I am depressed although the time period is getting shorter each time I tell of the abuse and its affects on me.

I am honored to have you share of your experience.

Peace,
Avery

I see everything like a dream, it's my disorder, I don't experience reality

#385330 - 02/11/12 03:20 PM Re: I told someone my Secret [Re: DarkHadou]
Undiagnosed Offline

Loc: Florida Parishes, Louisiana
Sure you do, man. it's your reality, but still... Are you medicated? I don't take a lot of pills, but I've been medicating with alcohol for years... IDK, for me it just works. ;-)

The fact that you disassociate is worth looking into. I will tell you one thing that I know for sure;

"...The only thing that could possibly be worse than being kidnapped, tortured, raped and murdered, is to be kidnapped, tortured, raped and IGNORED..."

because there are so many others to blame. Why SHOULDN"T we hate our fellow citizens until proven wrong? Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on ME!

I don't want to trigger you, ever. So don't even ask. ;-)

IMHO, worth exactly what you pay for it!

P.S. Opinions are like assholes; everybody has one and most of them stink.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.